For as much crap as fran takes over his sideline demeanor

I do agree that sometimes Fran goes a bit overboard and I agree that he has chilled some this season.
On the flip side of it, I love that many of the times that he flips he is defending his players. I will always take that. Beats the heck out of REDACTED throwing players under the bus.
Fran can be criticized for his coaching at times, but one thing he can't be criticized for at all is his relationship to his players. He genuinely cares about them and they know it.

Regarding Fran's behavior and techs: it's no secret that Fran's boss Barta has had post-season discussions with Fran about his on-court behavior more than once. When it didn't seem to take, there was another talk, and I think Fran's really trying to work on it. Not always successful, but there's something to be said about asking the question 'how do you expect your team to keep their composure when you are losing it and melting down?'

Look, the greatest coach in the history of basketball, Norman Dale, got tossed out of what, like three games in one high school season? He even got tossed out of one game on purpose by asking the ref if he "got pigeon shit in his eyes." Classic. Pigeon shit.....

So, Fran is in great company, IMHO.

Look, the greatest coach in the history of basketball, Norman Dale, got tossed out of what, like three games in one high school season? He even got tossed out of one game on purpose by asking the ref if he "got pigeon shit in his eyes." Classic. Pigeon shit.....

So, Fran is in great company, IMHO.

Easy to do when you have an assistant giving you such gems as "Make 'em chuck it from the cheap seats" and willing to run The Picket Fence after you get tossed!

Latest posts