FootballScoop

So for those that want him out immediately don't you think to do so now would be just as harmful. If he were to leave I'd rather the university have a decent amount of time to find a replacement before spring gets here. Just my gut feeling, but there'd be quite a few changes coming and I think the train wreck continues unless the new guy has time to get things worked out. I'm all about early December terminations as opposed to waiting until after bowl season.

Believe me, i've wanted KF gone going on 7 years now but now is not the time. We've missed our window this year. As much as i hate to say it, i think a "farewell tour" is in order for next year as to get any decent coaching prospects.

Yep. If they were going to do it, they should have done it Monday after the Nebraska debacle

So for those that want him out immediately don't you think to do so now would be just as harmful. If he were to leave I'd rather the university have a decent amount of time to find a replacement before spring gets here. Just my gut feeling, but there'd be quite a few changes coming and I think the train wreck continues unless the new guy has time to get things worked out. I'm all about early December terminations as opposed to waiting until after bowl season.

Agree. If Kirk is fired/resigns now or after signing day....might as well have him around next season. Iowa would have no chance at a decent candidate, and would end up with a DII or DIII coach who would be in over his head. You factor in the search committee that would be required (and will muck everything up) and you are probably looking at March before someone is hired. No thanks. The time to cut ties, as kicker22 pointed out, is after the regular season ends.

Yeah, I agree - the earlier the better. Make a move immediately after the regular season is over (or even before if things are bad enough) and name an interim coach.

Preferrably, our AD would already have some lines in the water gauging interest before making a move, rather than firing KF and going out there just hoping he can land someone better. That's no better than wandering around blind without a cane.

Last edited:
Agree. If Kirk is fired/resigns now or after signing day....might as well have him around next season. Iowa would have no chance at a decent candidate, and would end up with a DII or DIII coach who would be in over his head. You factor in the search committee that would be required (and will muck everything up) and you are probably looking at March before someone is hired. No thanks. The time to cut ties, as kicker22 pointed out, is after the regular season ends.

Why is this? Is it some dumb NCAA rule, or is it an "Iowa" thing?

Why is this? Is it some dumb NCAA rule, or is it an "Iowa" thing?

No, it is not an NCAA thing. Many institutions use search committees. And many of these are just "for show" with the AD basically picking their candidate and the committee rubber stamping it.

Remember...it was because of the search committee that we missed out on Stoops.

Is that because you want KF to step down or that you have a "source"?

Let's call it a hunch. I did hear on Saturday from my Aunt's neighbors sister in laws cleaning lady that things were in the works to negotiate a change, but have not seen anything anywhere else since.

As of this morning the cleaning lady who speaka no englesh, still thinks things are moving forward.

I would only hope that if there is a shadow of a chance of this happening, that they are working on naming a replacement at the same time.

Just a question because I don't follow things that closely. Has Barta made any statements since the bowl game as a vote of confidence?

Odd that they squashed a rumor that is two hours old...

Remember, signing day is still about a month away.

So if you had to put a percent on how sure you are that Kirk Ferentz will not be the head coach in 2015, what percent would you give it? 25%? 50%? 90%?

FootballScoop has been off on many of their "breaking stories" regarding coaching changes this year. I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

If that's supposed to be Dante, then it should be "ch'entrate"

It is, copy and paste mistake. And who else would it be? Milton didn't seem appropriate to the situation of Iowa fans dealing with "that's football." He kind of honors the type of rebellion against reason (in a certain reading) we are experiencing, while Dante despises it.

I've gotten to know the source a lot better, I'm far more confident in it now than before.

I'm not going to say that you are wrong with your prediction that Kirk is going to step down but with every passing day, it is getting harder and harder to believe this is true.

Heck if I know lol. I hear little bits and pieces, not the whole thing. I know a little more that I really want to tell you guys, but by doing so I'd really violate the trust I have from the source and I don't wanna get them in any trouble... because they would be in a lot of it.

How can this source of yours get in a lot of trouble being that he is on the staff if Kirk Ferentz is not going to be the coach next year? Wouldn't this person be looking for a new job regardless? Obviously, the next coach probably wouldn't keep this person on the staff.

Morehouse just retweeted some interesting info.

For those that don't go on Twitter, Morehouse re-tweeted the following:

"Not sure what's going on in Iowa 3 separate BCS Head Coaches have told me Iowa assistants have contacted them about jobs this off season"

I guess that would either mean that Kirk is about to fire some coaches or that Kirk is about to step down himself if true.

How can this source of yours get in a lot of trouble being that he is on the staff if Kirk Ferentz is not going to be the coach next year? Wouldn't this person be looking for a new job regardless? Obviously, the next coach probably wouldn't keep this person on the staff.

So you want the guy to give up his source ?

For those that don't go on Twitter, Morehouse re-tweeted the following:

"Not sure what's going on in Iowa 3 separate BCS Head Coaches have told me Iowa assistants have contacted them about jobs this off season"

I guess that would either mean that Kirk is about to fire some coaches or that Kirk is about to step down himself if true.

Hopefully it's the former because Iowa/Barta would be scraping the bottom of the barrel if they have to start a coaching search in January.

Hopefully it's the former because Iowa/Barta would be scraping the bottom of the barrel if they have to start a coaching search in January.

Why do you say that? Let's hypothetically say that Bret Bielema wanted the Iowa job......If Iowa offered him the job right now, what would keep him from leaving? This wouldn't be the first time a head coaching position comes open in January.

Latest posts