FootballScoop

Don't know FootballScoop, can't vouche for him. And didn't listen to what actually was said.

But, assuming this is accurate, let's take a step back from the fantasy and frankly tiresome Ferentz bashing and break down what actually was said. Here it is:

"Someone close to" Ferentz thinks it's time for Kirk "to move on." Further, the coach "knows" this but"he's not sure Kirk is ready."

Ponder for a moment the source and what is and is not being said: someone who knows Ferentz thinks he should move on. How is that any different from a close friend thinking your girlfriend is bad news and that you need to dump her, or your mother hating the girl you married, or your wife thinking your current job is killing you with hours and pressures and you need to find something else?

It's not. We've ALL been there.

No offense to the OP or FootballScoop, but I just don't see this breathless report signifying anything.
Maybe it is because I was a journalism major at Iowa, but this is how I interpreted what is posted as what was reported. I don't see any news here at all, if that is what the conversation was. That is the same as saying, "THawki, who is not close to KF said..." and then inserting the came comments.The way it is worded in this thread means absolutely nothing. Am I wrong?

Maybe it is because I was a journalism major at Iowa, but this is how I interpreted what is posted as what was reported. I don't see any news here at all, if that is what the conversation was. That is the same as saying, "THawki, who is not close to KF said..." and then inserting the came comments.The way it is worded in this thread means absolutely nothing. Am I wrong?

Not at all. Seems to me people are getting worked up about a whole lot of nothing.

Kirk is not a dumb man. He knows the frustration is at its highest level in his 16-year tenure. Part of me still thinks that Kirk will sit down with Gary and they will reach some type of agreement that let's Kirk walk away with a nice chunk of money - without being fired.

I know some posters say Kirk thumbs his nose at the fans, etc. But truly, Kirk is a sensitive guy. We have heard him get emotional on the sidelines on more than one occasion. For Kirk, the person, this has to eat at him. After 16 years of living a pretty good life in Iowa City to now have the natives calling for his head. He's human. He has to feel it.

That's why I still bellieve Kirk and Gary will reach some type of agreement that still gives Kirk enough money to live 10 lifetimes while also still maintaining a legacy at Iowa.

Personally, I hate seeing it come to this. Because I know the type of person Kirk is. He is genuine, and he has done great things for Iowa. That being said, it's just time for a change. Not next year. Not in two years. Now. The toothpaste is out of the tube and you can't put it back in.

Bringing Kirk back ... bringing the same staff back ... will only add fuel to the raging fire.

KF has done great things for Iowa, but Iowa has done great things for him as well. I can't think of a single person who has benefited more from the Iowa program than him. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt because I believed in his character. For me personally, and I am comfortable being in the minority on this, he has had too many incidents that do not reflect positively on his character (BF living in Section 8 housing, handling of Rhabdo, comments on CJB following Pitt game, etc).

Other than that, I agree with everything you say in your post. Well thought out and well written.

IowaHOCKS23,

What if any is the succession plan?

I can't imagine he would intentionally leave a chaos similar to what he inherited.

Heck if I know lol. I hear little bits and pieces, not the whole thing. I know a little more that I really want to tell you guys, but by doing so I'd really violate the trust I have from the source and I don't wanna get them in any trouble... because they would be in a lot of it.

Heck if I know lol. I hear little bits and pieces, not the whole thing. I know a little more that I really want to tell you guys, but by doing so I'd really violate the trust I have from the source and I don't wanna get them in any trouble... because they would be in a lot of it.

[tweet]552259003854516224[/tweet]

I don't know if this means you're happy or not. I saw this cross-posted on BHGP on Sunday evening, figured I'd come check it out. It appears that whatever news FootballScoop (whoever they are) was going to break turned out to be nothing.

Always happy to see long-time posters come back unexpectedly. :)

KF isn't walking from money if he stays and or if something is settled Ferentz is getting paid one way or the other.. It's a win/win..

I for one don't think KF cares as much about money as everyone seems to think he does. Look at how much money he and Mary have given back to the University, I think if he really wanted the cash the number would be much less. He has made enough money to live comfortably where ever he wants. He also has a strong reputation in football circles and IF he really wanted to work again he would have many people trying to hire him. I remember an interview a few years ago where he basically said his dream job would be working in football but as some type of consultant or administration type role. Maybe that is the next step for him. KF has never seemed to be the type where he wanted to work forever.

I posted it a few weeks ago that I would not be surprised if he stepped down and entered into a diminished role within the football program or just rode off into the sunset. I respect him a lot and his contributions he has made. I hope he does step aside and escape from all the negativity surrounding him. To me just looking at his body language he seems tired and he seems to have lost some joy for the game and his job.

KF isn't going anywhere unless he is forced too. He might be all of the "nice guy" that everyone wants to believe, but it sure in the hell is easier being "that guy" when you make the coin that he makes. He also has an ego that comes out every time he snorts in a press conference. He truly thinks he is God's gift to Iowa football & that no one could do it better than him. Barta needs to remind him that Iowa football existed long before him & will last many years past "That's Football". Ferentz is stale bread & Iowa football is the laughing stock to the rest of the country.

Let's get Mr. Wright as our new DC. Named FootballScoop's DII Coordinator of the Year, and his wife is an Iowa City native.

http://footballscoop.com/news/rich-wright-division-ii-coordinator-year/

I've met and talked to him numerous times. Hell of a good guy.

I am a Northwest Mo State grad and I can tell you first hand that what NW has in that program is no joke. Mr. Wright is legit and I would hate to see him leave Maryville but if he was going to leave I would love to see him as a Hawkeye!

Believe me, i've wanted KF gone going on 7 years now but now is not the time. We've missed our window this year. As much as i hate to say it, i think a "farewell tour" is in order for next year as to get any decent coaching prospects.

Latest posts