Football Trophy Names

Combo names for them is idiotic - we know the Heisman, Butkis, the Ray Guy, Johny U - name them for one guy, easier to remember

Yeah.....I think they were reaching on these big time.

This is just a lame effort to market to those that are ignorant of history by incorporating younger players. I love me some Dallas Clark but he really isn't "award worthy".

Yeah.....I think they were reaching on these big time.

This is just a lame effort to market to those that are ignorant of history by incorporating younger players. I love me some Dallas Clark but he really isn't "award worthy".

Yep, too recent. I can't believe that Eddie George is the one they came up with for offensive POY. Yes, he won the Heisman, but seriously. Shouldn't a trophy be someone a bit more legendary? Even Ron Dayne would have been better if they wanted to go with someone more recent.

I also thought that Reggie Roby would have been a shoo-in for the name of the punter of the year.

And while I agree both Bo and Woody were great coaches, I don't think any of them had such an impact on coaching that Hayden Fry had. Look at the list of coaches today that either played or worked for Fry. Bo or Woody never had that type of an impact.

The "Greise-Brees" trophy sounds like something you get for winning a burrito eating contest.

:eek:

All the trophies sound like consulting firms.

By the way, why didn't Michigan get in the "Leaders" division? Aren't they "the Leaders and Best?"

They shouldn't have named these trophies. They should have stuck with the great Big Ten trophies that we have -- like oaken buckets, a bronze pig, an axe, etc.

These new trophies smell of the Land Grant Trophy -- fake, and ugly.

:eek:

All the trophies sound like consulting firms.

By the way, why didn't Michigan get in the "Leaders" division? Aren't they "the Leaders and Best?"

They shouldn't have named these trophies. They should have stuck with the great Big Ten trophies that we have -- like oaken buckets, a bronze pig, an axe, etc.

These new trophies smell of the Land Grant Trophy -- fake, and ugly.

I disagree...Disney Land is the leader in family amusement and Amy Grant is a legend.

Latest posts