Football Ticket Prices on Ebay

Hawkeyenthechi

I was checking out the asking price for Hawk tics on Ebay after my season ticket app had been denied. I have since been awarded tics (thank the lord) but this is what I found for lowest offers for a pair of tics. I've priced them out per ticket:

EASTERN ILL $47
BALL ST $58
MICH ST $109
IOWA ST. $138
WISC $144
PENN ST $156
OHIO ST $206

SEASON TICKET $858

It certainly pays to be a Hawkeye ticket broker these days.

Ebay is always RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. I haven't bought tickets off there for anything in over 3 years. They don't even give you a good gauge on what to expect prices to be. I don't knwo if it's jsut people people seeing what they might be able to get a sucker to pay for their tickets or what. You will be able to scalp each of those games for less than the prices listed above. Here is my guestimate:

E Ill and Ball State - $20
MSU, ISU, Wiscy - $60-80
PSU - $100
OSU - $100-125

I'll be scalping to PSU and OSU so I'll let ya kow how that works out.

Ebay is always RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. I haven't bought tickets off there for anything in over 3 years. They don't even give you a good gauge on what to expect prices to be. I don't knwo if it's jsut people people seeing what they might be able to get a sucker to pay for their tickets or what. You will be able to scalp each of those games for less than the prices listed above. Here is my guestimate:

MSU, ISU, Wiscy - $60-80
PSU - $100
OSU - $100-125

This is likely the most anticipated year in the history of Hawkeye football. I agree with your pricing for years past but this year is different. OSU could easily be a $200 tic come November.

The location of the seat is obviously a big difference in the pricing out there. I would expect that as we get closer to the start of the season prices will go up due to the demand. Stub Hub even had a season ticket price on the 40 yard line at $2995.00.

MSU, ISU, Wiscy - $60-80
PSU - $100
OSU - $100-125

You are going to be in for a big surprise when you anticipate those prices.

I am 90% thrilled to see all the demand, but 10% of me is ****** because I can't afford to go to many home games. I plan on going to 3-4 away games so I can afford the tickets. NW/Indy are usually about 10 bucks.

i sold a ticket for the michigan game last year for 120 bucks. posted an ad on craigslist, it was deleted within 10 minutes, but i had 6 people calling me in that time. i was told i was the cheapest they had found

ohio state this year will probably be a lot more than 120

i sold a ticket for the michigan game last year for 120 bucks. posted an ad on craigslist, it was deleted within 10 minutes, but i had 6 people calling me in that time. i was told i was the cheapest they had found

ohio state this year will probably be a lot more than 120

I got a ticket to the Michigan game last year for 80

There is no way tickets to the OSU game are only $125, if the Rose Bowl is on the line, as many predict.

I have been buying tickets on gameday at Kinnick for years. I have only paid more than $50 for a ticket three times. You just have to know where to look. Here's a hint: it's not in front of Kinnick from the scalpers who are selling multiple tickets.

With the ongoing ticket office ticket assignments, my concern about the tickets (listed in fixed price auctions on Ebay) is that they represent tickets the broker's don't even KNOW they will have for sure. That concern me greatly, if I was a buyer.

I could forsee a nuclear option happening if the Hawks end up meeting or exceeding expectations where those brokers are unable to find sutable tickets to fill your ebay order, without losing a significant amount of $$$ per ticket. Don't think for a second that their ebay reputation is going to mean anything to them if the alternative is losing $75/ticket.

I would buy tickets in private auctions only...where you're buying from an existing season ticket holder that knows his order has been renewed. Otherwise, I would avoid those Fixed Price Auctions like the plague...

Me and a buddy scalped to the OSU game in 06 for $180 total, so 90 a piece. The tickets were high up and in the "OSU section" but they were together and there were only a few OSU fans around us. If someone was offered a grand and didn't take it they're crazy. If both Iowa and OSU are undefeated the tickets will be above 150 I'm sure, but thats a big if. Like Burky said, you just have to look. If you're willing to put in the time to look and are happy with a single and don't mind missing the teams taking the field or even kick off, you can find reasonably priced tickets. I understand there's a lot to be said for sitting with your buddies and having your ticket in hand so you can enjoy tailgating - if you want to do that you have to pay extra for it. But trust me, reasonable tickets can be found. I'll be scalping to PSU, OSU and MN away this year - I'll let you know what I end up paying.

I have purchased many things on ebay and I have never been burnt. For Hawk tickets this year, I would look somewhere else but that is just me.

Anyone that does not think that they will have Hawk tickets this season and really wants them, should probably try to get tickets earlier than later as prices will go up, IMHO.

The option of getting tickets on game day from a scalper works for some but this year it may be a lot harder and/or take a lot more time/energy. It is still a good approach for someone that has interest in doing it.

But it is not for everyone.

I was offered a grand for a pair of OSU tickets in '06.

Sold my two tix for the '06 OSU game for $900 on EBay as I had a Drake FB Reunion that day...dammit. But it paid for my season tix. Still from what I heard about the enviroment that night, I wish I was there.

Latest posts