Football Season Ticke Requests Nearly DOUBLE Supply

I'm not a grad either.

VCard- I would not be happy at all in your position. I guess I can see how the ticket office would try to rationalize that non faculty/staff means more $$$ for tickets but I personally think it's ridiculous.

I'm sure most faculty/staff would be willing to pay the public price than the discounted price and be able to get tickets. The ticket office is going to make some people very unhappy, not me, but some others I feel bad for becuase I know I'd be po'd if I got shut out all together.

Well thanks for kind of being on my side guys. You know Koot, I thought the same exact thing that you thought. They are making more $$ by selling tickets to the general public than they do by selling them to faculty/staff. I think that is a crock they are doing that. I would gladly have paid the general public price so that I could have had tickets to all 7 games instead of the crappy Ball State game and the Michigan State game. Oh well, I guess two is better than none. At least I think they could have offered faculty/staff a better game than Ball State. I mean, I have been staff here since 2003 and dont anyone give me crap about not getting tickets until now. I was fresh outta college in 2003 and couldnt afford tickets. Then when I could afford tickets, my Mom had cancer and I was taking care of her so I didnt feel right about going to football games. Now that my Mom has finally passed, I was going to get tickets for the first time.

Last edited:
VCard- I totally agree with you. One would think that especially because you're faculty/staff you should at least be offered to either a)pay full price for season tickets, or b)get better games than Ball St./MSU. But you know that option "A" would be way too much extra work for the ticket office and I'm sure they weren't willing to do that. It just really sucks and there's no right way to go about it without upsetting some people. I just never would have guessed that the people they would upset would actually be employees.

I still haven't heard anything about my request but I usually have a couple extra tickets to fill since my dad has 4 season tickets of his own. When the season gets closer I'll keep you in mind.

Koot, that would be really awesome of you, but I dont expect you to do that. I am sure you have other friends/family that would want to go as well. Let them enjoy the games at Kinnick! My day will hopefully come when I can actually get season tickets.

VCard- I'll let you know as the season gets closer. I know for sure that I should have at least 1 extra for PSU and Wisky. My family would usually go with but I'm skipping the weddings that they're going to on those games.

SHot down. Got the 2 game offer. I had 13 points... requested 2. Anywhere in the stadium
If I would have requested 4, I pry would have recieved 2, as I know of many with less points that requested 4 and got 2 seats. I think that's a bit shady myself.
Oh- guess it wasn't meant to happen.

another person had the same thing happen to him i ordered tickets to the Michigan came in i think 2002 had my credit card charged the amount of the tickets went to will call to pick them up on game day and low and behold no tickets to be had.

I have been thinking about the numbers reported in the original U of I PR.

Finke said she has received requests for season tickets to the seven home games of the nationally ranked 2010 University of Iowa football team from more than 2,300 fans of the Hawkeyes who would be considered “new customers,â€￾ e.g. they did not purchase season tickets for the 2009 season.* All counted, the requests total approximately 7,300 seats – a nice number except that only 4,500 seats are available.

So, 2,300 new fans request 7,300 tickets. That is slightly over 3 tickets per new fan request. Sounds like most requested 2 tickets, with some probably requesting 4 and probably even fewer asking for 5-6 or so.

I am assuming that this number does not include the past season ticket holders request for additional tickets. It really does not matter as the original PR states that "she (Pam Finke) anticipates filling only a very limited number of those requests."

Assuming that most of the 4,500 seats available go to the 2,300 new fans, there would almost be enough tickets to give every new fan 2 season tickets (2,300 x 2 tickets = 4,600).

Therefore, only a limited number of new fans would have to be turned down for season tickets if my analysis is even close. Maybe I am missing something.

By limiting new fan season tickets to only 2 and not filling past season ticket holders request for additonal ticktets, there may only be a few very unfortunate persons who receive the 2 game offer.

Since I have requested 2 season tickets and I have not heard anything as yet, I very well may be rationalizing this thing way to much.

If they were willing to donate more money, they deserve the tickets more than you do, its not unfair at all.

I see nothing unfair about that, they don't owe you a thing. They're doing what any good business would do.

another person had the same thing happen to him i ordered tickets to the Michigan came in i think 2002 had my credit card charged the amount of the tickets went to will call to pick them up on game day and low and behold no tickets to be had.

Well, the problem might have been that game was in Ann Arbor, lol.

Latest posts