Football Season Ticke Requests Nearly DOUBLE Supply

For those of you that asked for additional tickets it looks like they started to send out e-mails letting people know if they got rejected. Per Hawkeye Report more than a few posters on there indicated they received an e-mail from the university today saying they couldn't get the additional tix they asked for. So if you're one of those like my family that requested extra keep checking your e-mail folder and hope you don't see anything from the U.

Received one of those emails around 4 this afternoon. Oh well I guess, still got my 2 seats from last year.

I may email back just to get an explanation or a breakdown on how tix are distributed. Not bitter, just want to know how they are divied up.

Like others on here....I've gotten into any game I've wanted to....Michigan and @ OSU last year...OSU night game...@ MSU, all of them....you just have to be willing to work a bit and negotiate on line or scalp. If you want to go, you can get in.

So

I tried to add to my renewal.
I was compelled to increase my I-club donation for this. and do this by 5/2. DONE
Now on 5/18 I get the email my request will not be filled. Really. Do I get my addition I-club donation returned?

If this works by priority points, then only higher points renewals could "ace" me out on my request for more tics? Right? A new guy can't? right?

So

I tried to add to my renewal.
I was compelled to increase my I-club donation for this. and do this by 5/2. DONE
Now on 5/18 I get the email my request will not be filled. Really. Do I get my addition I-club donation returned?

If this works by priority points, then only higher points renewals could "ace" me out on my request for more tics? Right? A new guy can't? right?

I was told you are guaranteed your seats from last year. After that it is strictly a point system. A new applicant that has 10 points for graduating from Iowa would get their tickets over a person trying to add seats who has 9 points for having season tickets for the past 3 years

This could turn into a mess.

That's what I'm thinking.
I've bought $200/ seat and $50/ seat tics since Kinnick was reseated.(and alum)

that not necessarily alot of points but surprised it didn't get the job done.

We got our "Email of Doom" today as well. Disappointed but like another poster stated we still have our original seats so really we're $700 ahead. We're thinking about using the refund and going to an away game.

got the denial email today as well! Oh well, we still got our 4 and we are now thinking of heading to both Indiana and NW since they are so close to chicago. Might as well use the money towards Iowa football. Go and support them on the road.

Has anyone heard of any new season ticket requests being denied yet? It seems right now they are turning down numerous requests for additional tickets.

Has anyone heard of any new season ticket requests being denied yet? It seems right now they are turning down numerous requests for additional tickets.

A friend of mine that hasn't ever had season tickets got an email yesterday saying they wouldn't be able to fill their request but were offered the two game package. So, yes new season ticket holders have been told they are SOL.

I think what the ticket office is doing is pretty fair, they are turning down extra ticket requests by season ticket holders to get brand new season ticket holders in the stadium.

My guess a lot of people (myself included) were throwing around the idea of buying a few extras with the home slate we have this year, obviously plenty of those people actually put in orders.

Yeah I was one of those new season ticket applicants who got shot down yesterday. They offered me tickets for Michigan State and Ball State at $41 each since I am faculty/staff.

I am completely confused....are they going to offer all new applicants the 2 game package only? Or will they offer any new applicants the full season?
I also heard rumors of some people being offered a 6 game package, with no ISU game ticket.

I am completely confused....are they going to offer all new applicants the 2 game package only? Or will they offer any new applicants the full season?
I also heard rumors of some people being offered a 6 game package, with no ISU game ticket.

I really don't think anyone knows and we probably won't know until the dust settles. I expect things will level out in the next few weeks as more and more people are notified.

It depends on who you talked to at the ticket office. The guy i talked to this afternoon said if you havent got the email of doom you are pretty much safe from getting one. Not hearing anything is a good thing but he also said it is gonna take alot of points to get tickets.

agreed- I take what the ticket office says with a grain of salt...... 95% of the time they are students who take phone calls all day and could care less if you get tickets or not, and I'd imagine the call volume is VERY high this year.
I've heard all 2 game pkgs for new applicants, minimum 50 pts, 6 game packages, and everything in between. I have a few points, but I will just sit back and hope.

A friend of mine that hasn't ever had season tickets got an email yesterday saying they wouldn't be able to fill their request but were offered the two game package. So, yes new season ticket holders have been told they are SOL.

I think what the ticket office is doing is pretty fair, they are turning down extra ticket requests by season ticket holders to get brand new season ticket holders in the stadium.

My guess a lot of people (myself included) were throwing around the idea of buying a few extras with the home slate we have this year, obviously plenty of those people actually put in orders.

I am confused too. I am a new ticket holder and haven't gotten the doom email yet either. I do not have all much priority built up. Maybe the email is still yet to come. I don't have any idea. It's all confusing to me.

I have trust things are being handled properly.....it all depends on their approach. Do they want to maximize new customers, or let current customers expand tickets. There are arguments for both sides. Either way, it's the perfect storm, and no matter what they do, people will be upset.
I just wish there were some way to screen people who actually had intent on attending games for tickets in their own name, and not scalping or getting tickets for random people with no priority.... but I know that's a fantasy land. Scalping tickets is going to be at a premium price this year.

"I think what the ticket office is doing is pretty fair, they are turning down extra ticket requests by season ticket holders to get brand new season ticket holders in the stadium."

That actually seems to be the opposite of fair. They put the priority points system in place for years like this. They tried to justify the forced donation by telling you that you will accumulate points and have priority over those that have less points than you, but then when it comes down to it they elect to give tickets to new season ticket holders? If a returning season ticket holder wants more tickets, they should have first shot at those.

I have a bit of a hard time feeling bad for those who just now decided to become season ticket holders. It's projected to be a top 10 team with the best home schedule possibly in school history. New season ticket holders are excited by that and attempting to jump on board. I can see situations where someone just got out of school and it's their first opportunity to get tickets. The University has the ability to look that information up and make exceptions to get those people tickets. But if you graduated 15 years ago and are just now trying to get tickets I have to admit that I don't feel all that bad. Take your two game package, build you points and apply again next year. That's kind of the price we have to pay as fans when a program is in such good shape.

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm a returning season ticket holder whose trying to get one extra seat next to our five already existing seats so that I can bring my daughter to games this year. I'm not trying to make money off the extra seat, I'm not doing it because the home schedule is great this year, I'm just doing it so I can share my all time favorite sporting experience with my daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I have a bit of a hard time feeling bad for those who just now decided to become season ticket holders. It's projected to be a top 10 team with the best home schedule possibly in school history."

On the contrary- many new applicants have a hard time feeling bad for those who just now decided to increase the season tickets they already have. It's projected to be a top 10 team with the best home schedule possibly in school history.
See how that works?
It's not a black and white process. The number of existing holders who suddenly have the urge to increase their allotment is every bit as much as new ticket holders who want to get in.
Personally- I'd choose to conservatively increase my customer base right now, rather than increase allotment for the existing holders. I wouldn't go crazy, but it never hurts to get a little fresh blood in the customer base. That way, during down years, or when the schedule turns, you have more customers to draw from to renew their tickets. Just my opinion and strong arguments can be made for both sides of aisle.
Bottom line- it's not a perfect process, and people are going to be angry.

And I do see what you're saying, but with all things being equal, those who are existing customers have priority over those who are new customers due to a system that the University itself put into place with the priority points system. Existing customers get first crack, per that policy and that's the way this situation should be handled.

In my situation the extra ticket is for someone that wasn't born at the start of the football season last year so it would've been a bit hard to have a ticket for her. Kind of like the exeption that I suggested earlier that should be made for students just finishing school.

Don't worry, I've been randomly screaming Go Hawks in my daughters ear over the past few months to get her ready for the loud noises at Kinnick. I'm sure there will be games where she doesn't do so well, but that's why my wife will be there, to take my daughter out to the concourse if she's crying. Just as a side note, we proudly named our daughter Hayden. Go Hawks!!!