Football Net Revenues: Iowa 31st

Although the more I think about it, this is net revenue. As previously posted in another thread Iowa has one on the most expensive football budgets, so after you take our average revenue minus one of the most expensive budgets in football it would make sense that we are pretty low in net revenue.

Yeah, but what do we really spend money on that Minnesota doesn't? Plus, every time we have a home game, we sell an additional 20k tickets.

Something doesn't smell right with this article...

It's net revenue. We spend a lot more money than Illinois and Minnesota, especially when you consider the Kinnick renovations, KF's salary, etc.

Ok, I get those reasons, but it doesn't make a 20 million dollar difference compared to other schools does it??

Ok, I get those reasons, but it doesn't make a 20 million dollar difference compared to other schools does it??

When you consider that the bond payments on the Kinnick renovation are somewhere in the neighborhood of $17M/year, then yeah, there's your difference.

Also, Iowa has the second lowest student enrollment in the B10. Do not most school charge students athletic fees? Does Iowa even charge these fees at all?

Latest posts