Football Banners??

jchromes

Should the athletic department install a series of flags, plaques, or any signage noting the football team's accomplishments inside Kinnick Stadium? Carver Hawkeye has dozens of banners for each accomplishment for WBB, MBB, and Wrestling no matter how big or small the accomplishment (NCAA/NIT Appearance to 25(?) National Championships). After the best bowl victory in half a century, some acknowledgement inside Kinnick for the fans and especially visiting fans seems appropriate.

What do you think...series of flags, bowl logos/flags in the concourse, bowl logos along the top of the press box, save space for only national championships or like it how it is?

Just thought some subtle bragging would be nice. Honor the past accomlishments, not that any of us will ever forget.

Go Hawks!

They actually already have flags/banners for every bowl year, along with Big10 Championships throughout the concourse.

If my memory is correct the banners hanging in Carver reflect Big 10 and National Championships won. I guess I don't feel like a bowl win is comprable to either of those. Just one person's opinion.

I scouted a GA Tech/UGA a few years back in Atlanta, and they have markings of every bowl game they attended on one end of the field. I remember thinking to myself "I'm so glad we don't do that at Kinnick."

I prefer not to have them.

Kinnick does have banners of bowl wins hanging in the south end zone concourse. Also there are plaques of all of the conference championship teams going back to the 20's outside of the south end zone concourse on the south east side of the stadium.

Latest posts