Fleck to Minnesota.....I'm gonna go puke now!!!

He's pretty much the anti-Tracy Claeys (and Jerry Kill for that matter). Just caught his first interview...a little too intense to be sustainable.

Said he "couldn't have picked a better group" Soooo, he's into gang bangs too? He did end with a classic Kirk-ism for emphasis... "I promise ya that".

Well one thing is for sure. They've gone from brick layers to boat rowers. Welcome to the B1G PJ Fleck.

I am not sure why in his right mind a young up and comer like that would go to MN. It is a death trap job anyway, BEFORE even disussing the current turd bowl situation they have now. He could have fetched an offer from more upright schools, not too smart a cookie.....

I am not sure why in his right mind a young up and comer like that would go to MN. It is a death trap job anyway, BEFORE even disussing the current turd bowl situation they have now. He could have fetched an offer from more upright schools, not too smart a cookie.....

If he gets Minnesota to the Big Ten title game within 5 years...which is possible...he'll be gone to a Clemson, Florida, Oklahoma, etc

PJ Fleck is a flashy trendy hire for UM. The best they could hope for.

I for one will be very surprised if he can have the same success at MN as he did at Western.

How many games did Minnesota win again this year? Such a dismal program.

They won plenty of games. My point is there are plenty of other places for area recruits to go that are better, equivalent, or not far behind. Plenty of places that aren't fresh off a controversy and you don't have a target painted on your back.

They won plenty of games. My point is there are plenty of other places for area recruits to go that are better, equivalent, or not far behind. Plenty of places that aren't fresh off a controversy and you don't have a target painted on your back.
If I'm a recruit I'll take my chances with a program that won 9 games, a bowl, has arguably the hottest coach in college football right now, and has the big city night life.

If I'm a recruit I'll take my chances with a program that won 9 games, a bowl, has arguably the hottest coach in college football right now, and has the big city night life.

These guys were the "hottest college football coaches" at one time:

weis.jpg

5110bcdf26823887923b48bfdaf0c402_crop_north.jpg

1412013419000-Coach-092914-01-rb.jpg

ron-zook-waterskiing.jpg

wait til his enthusiasm meets up with the cynicism of the Minnesota sports market... should be interesting

One thing for sure, though. Recruiting won't get any easier for Iowa.

I am sooooo jelaous....what an awesome hire at a school who certainly does NOT deserve him. Mark my words....Fleck will promise to do things Ferments hasn't uttered in going on 18 years....and he WILL get off his ass and try and recruit. What a shot in the arm this could have been for us. I do NOT see him acting as if the program is at a built in disadvantage. You can't name ONE football program in the entire country that is as stale as Iowa's. Jesus H. Christmas....why can't this be us??? Eat S Barta!!!
Oh Fleck will out recruit, out hustle, out everything the Fermentz crew. It will be embarrassing actually. With the Fleck hire at Minn, Lovie Smith at Illinois, Jeff Brohm (and I think this is a brilliant hire by Purdont) Paul Crisp, Fermentz and Mike Reilly's days are numbered in the West. We could see Big Ten West bottom dwelling within 3 seasons. Winter is coming boys and girls.

Wanna bet that PJ will do things that KF hasn't "uttered". I will bet you anything that you want to that PJ Fleck won't do at Minnesota over the next 15 years, what KF has done over his last 15 years (and these are are sooooooo terrible according to you that KF is a smelly turdbowl).

Over the last 15 years, here are the total wins for B1G teams:

OSU 154
Wisconsin 143
Nebraska 125 (Most of these in a weak ass Big12 conference)
Iowa 124 (.646% winning%)(8.26 Wins per year)
Penn St. 123
Michigan 122
MSU 116
Northwestern 99
Rutgers 96
Minnesota 95
Maryland 94
Purdue 79
Illinois 64
Indiana 62

Not only that, but I will GUARANTEE that PJ will never have a 8 year run at Minnesota like KF did (2002-2010) with the following:

-2 B1G titles
-2 BCS bowl appearances
-.684 % winning %
-78 wins in 8 years
-4 top 10 finishes
-5 top 20 finishes

I get that everyone is tired of KF, heck I am ready for a change myself. Yet to pretend that KF didn't do those things just makes you look like an idiot.
That's absolutely true. Hayden was a savior to Iowa football and he overstayed his usefullness too. I don't think anyone would deny the facts you present. Again all these guys have a tendency to stay a few seasons too long and I think the Ferentz extension pushed us out way beyond his useful coaching life as it is. He's already a recruiting liability.

These guys were the "hottest college football coaches" at one time:

weis.jpg

5110bcdf26823887923b48bfdaf0c402_crop_north.jpg

1412013419000-Coach-092914-01-rb.jpg

ron-zook-waterskiing.jpg
Actually none of those coaches had the results that Fleck has had the past several seasons. Funny how you didnt include Nick Saban, Tom Herman, or Urban Meyer in your little photo montage--they were considered hot commodities too.

Actually none of those coaches had the results that Fleck has had the past several seasons. Funny how you didnt include Nick Saban, Tom Herman, or Urban Meyer in your little photo montage--they were considered hot commodities too.

HAHAHAHA......is this like Wadley he gone, or Davis he's staying?

Brady Hoke went 11-2 in his first year and had two top 10 recruiting classes

Charlie Weiss went 9-3 then 10-2 and he had a top 10 recruiting class

Lane Kiffen was 10-2 in year 2 at USC he has 3 top 10 recruiting classes and the #1 class one year.

Wanna bet that PJ can't do that at Minnesota? I will guarantee he can't.

You think PJ Fleck should be compared to the 2 greatest coaches in the game right now? LOL man, and Tom Herman hasn't done anything yet, except get himself a good paying job.

Lane Kiffen was 10-2 in year 2 at USC he has 3 top 10 recruiting classes and the #1 class one year.

You think PJ Fleck should be compared to the 2 greatest coaches in the game right now? LOL man, and Tom Herman hasn't done anything yet, except get himself a good paying job.
Yes you dolt, geez you are dense. Those coaches had great records with other coaches players. Fleck won with his players. He took over a horrible WMU program and outrecruited every coach in his league. His teams played tough nonconference schedules and he won. So no, he's not like those other folks.

And no he shouldn't be compared to Saban. It's just convenient how you failed to include them. True troll material right there.

Latest posts