:Fitz Hates Iowa" - NW Frosh RB

I think Fitzgerald believes he was injured on a cheap shot, though I forget the circumstances. It seems like he hit a FB of ours on a false start play (Rodney Filer?) and our guy blew his ACL early in the same game.

I could certainly be wrong about which game, but I'm pretty sure Fitz blames a dirty play for his injury, thus the hatred. I think most of us would feel the same way if we were an All American LB and a cheap shot kept us from playing in the Rose Bowl.

Of course, I hope we sh*t pound them, but this isn't the reason.

You'd think a guy who went to Northwestern would be smart enough to realize that nobody on this Iowa team had anything to do with him breaking his leg 15 years earlier. If he has an obsessive hatred of Iowa he's weird. And that makes it weirder that he seems to model his program after ours.

A few thoughts.

1. Anything that is successful is gonna bloody a nose here and there. Keep classy, Iowa.

2. Kirk Ferentz is NOT devoid of emotion. Anyone who was at last week's game, can only come away proud and relieved that he represents our university. He is also one fiery mother when he has to be, and there is plenty of sideline evidence to back that up.

3. Iowa needs to start accepting the "bull's eye" on its back. With success, it will only grow, and to go to the next elite level, you need to accept it, acknowledge it, revel in it, and then prove it. See Iowa wrestling.

Go Hawks.

Who cares, really? It's not news. Everyone knows he has a thing for IoWa. Focus on us, give us your best shot. Make your whole season about us. In return, we'll focus on you for one week and enjoy our boWl wins despite the outcome of the IoWa/NWU game.

Anyone think, if the game goes Iowa's way early, that Ferentz will keep the throttle down and make this a statement game? Plenty of incentive. D-bag coach who's made it clear he does not like Iowa, last couple of games vs Mildcats were blowup games, etc, etc.

Ferentz wouldn't throttle down on any opponent...

:(

This team shouldn't need any extra motivation. They just need to look at the recent record and realize that this game means something.
The kid is an idiot for providing locker room material, and it's no secret that Fitz has something against Iowa, but this game should not be close. Iowa fixes the red zone issues from last week and those fgs will be tds and NW won't be able to catch up.

This is just further confirmation of what we all knew..Fitz is an Iowa-hater.
I am glad it is out in the open,and we can dispense with all the coachi-ness,the coach-speak from Fitz for 51 weeks,all the time preaching his Iowa- hate to his team behind closed doors. Bad blood is better aired openly. Let the Iowa players in on some of this crap. Fitz has a bad case of arrested development..he was a bully in junior high and never grew out of it. Just sneakier as an adult.

But, I have seen a noticeable edge in KF's comments this week. He and Ricky and co. are quietly seething about the last two years of cheapshots that took our stars out of the game. KF watches film...he saw the helmet to helmet shot that concussed Shonn Greene and the mugging of Ricky last year.

I have a sneaking suspicion that hell is coming to breakfast for the KittyCats this year. The only thing is that KF will want to get his stars out of the game if it is a blowout,cuz Fitz will target them again this year...it is what he does in Iowa week.

A few more thoughts.

Typically when Iowa plays at NW we have about the same amount of fans there that they do. Humiliating for him.

Typically when Iowa is compared with NW for a bowl bid Iowa wins just because of our fans, even if they beat us and have a better record. That has to torque him off.

In my opinion, KF and coaches show no emotion and it shows with the players. Iowa vs teams that throws the short quick passes will be successful as in Indiana and NW. Iowa's bend but don't break D will keep bending and wear out the D at the end and keep the other team in the game, that is why Iowa always have problems with Indiana and NW

Iowa was 11-2 last year, so the even keel appoach might work :)

Also, Iowa was up 10-0 when Ricky went down last year.

OH, and we did beat IU the last two years.

I can not believe an opposing coach hates Iowa. The nerve of that S.O.B!!!
Does he not know that on the 8th day god created Iowa Football. And that he gave his only son (Kirk) to coach the team. LOL :D
Seriously people, while hate might be the wrong word no one likes Iowa Football except you the Hawkeye fans. Just like you do not really like any other team except yours. That's the way it is supposed to be! It is what makes Saturdays during FB season so much fun.

GO DUCKS!!!!

Does he not know that on the 8th day god created Iowa Football. And that he gave his only son (Kirk) to coach the team. LOL :D
Seriously people, while hate might be the wrong word no one likes Iowa Football except you the Hawkeye fans. Just like you do not really like any other team except yours. That's the way it is supposed to be! It is what makes Saturdays during FB season so much fun.

GO DUCKS!!!!

BaaDeBaDeBa! Huh? Who the heck are you? :eek:

GO DUCKS!!!!

Latest posts