:Fitz Hates Iowa" - NW Frosh RB

Anyone think, if the game goes Iowa's way early, that Ferentz will keep the throttle down and make this a statement game? Plenty of incentive. D-bag coach who's made it clear he does not like Iowa, last couple of games vs Mildcats were blowup games, etc, etc.

Sure hope so. I really don't think that's in KF's DNA, however.

Did anyone see the postgame talk Fritz gave his Wildcats. What the hell is with his teeth...dude looked like Matt Dillon in Something About Mary...or Bugs Bunny or something. I was cracking up.

Honestly, I've never like Fitzgerald...certainly respect how well his teams have done for the most part with their talent (no bowl wins however)...but he is like a cheerleader on the sidelines. He should wear that outfit.

Good for Fitzgerald, because I F*CKING HATE NORTHWESTERN!!!!!! Now I'm extra happy that I will be at the game to witness the dismantling of that pathetic team in person!

Kinda sound like most of you are ready to go out and play some football. Be great if the real players are as upset as some of you are. Betcha the corners will sit back ten yards and let Persa throw dink passes for 3 to 4 yards all day and bend and bend all day. :confused:

Kinda sound like most of you are ready to go out and play some football. Be great if the real players are as upset as some of you are. Betcha the corners will sit back ten yards and let Persa throw dink passes for 3 to 4 yards all day and bend and bend all day. :confused:

How do you figure?

How do you figure?
In my opinion, KF and coaches show no emotion and it shows with the players. Iowa vs teams that throws the short quick passes will be successful as in Indiana and NW. Iowa's bend but don't break D will keep bending and wear out the D at the end and keep the other team in the game, that is why Iowa always have problems with Indiana and NW

its interesting how much hate NWern has for Iowa, but KF has nothing but compliments for them. stay classy, fitz!

Can someone confirm or deny Fitzgerald broke his leg in a game vs Iowa back in 1995? An injury that ended his season and rendered him unable to play in the Rose Bowl that year

Can someone confirm or deny Fitzgerald broke his leg in a game vs Iowa back in 1995? An injury that ended his season and rendered him unable to play in the Rose Bowl that year

Articles about Pat Fitzgerald - Page 5 - Chicago Tribune

Second one down.

Fitzgerald Offers A Verbal Lift To His Nu Replacement
By Bill Jauss, Tribune Staff Writer. | November 15, 1995

Don Holmes twice visited Evanston Hospital this week to talk to Pat Fitzgerald, the injured Northwestern linebacker he will try to replace in Saturday's critical game at Purdue. "The last thing Fitz told me," said Holmes, "was `bring home that ring.' Those words keep ringing in my mind." Fitzgerald, who underwent surgery to repair a leg broken in Saturday's victory over Iowa, referred to rings that schools award to Big Ten football champions. If the Cats beat Purdue, they will finish 10-1 overall and 8-0 atop the conference [[and go to the Rose Bowl -Handsy]] and earn at least a share of Northwestern's first football title since 1936, 40 years before Holmes was born.

This is what I was saying in another thread. Fitzs hates Iowa and they always have this game circled. It's his little Super Bowl.

I think Fitzgerald believes he was injured on a cheap shot, though I forget the circumstances. It seems like he hit a FB of ours on a false start play (Rodney Filer?) and our guy blew his ACL early in the same game.

I could certainly be wrong about which game, but I'm pretty sure Fitz blames a dirty play for his injury, thus the hatred. I think most of us would feel the same way if we were an All American LB and a cheap shot kept us from playing in the Rose Bowl.

Of course, I hope we sh*t pound them, but this isn't the reason.

Latest posts