First time listening to ROME

both ..absolutely HATE Iowa...why would you? I mean really....:confused:

Are you so insecure in your fanhood that you cannot give time to someone just because they don't believe what you believe? Neither of them hate Iowa. They say good things about them, and they say bad things about them.

KF snubbed Rome, because of Rome's juvenile antics.

Nuff said.

Rome's been on the Air for over 10 years, I'm sure. His schtick is sometimes funny, or perhaps some of the 'TAKES' he get from callers are sometimes funny.

As I recall, Rome would eat the peanuts out of .............. anyone from Lincoln, NE. He worships those clowns and that program.

Am curious how the Shonn Greene interview came off? Did Rome mention that Shonn is a Rookie from I O W A? :)

Colin Cowherd is a cow TURD!! I don't like him thats obvious but l did listen for a while Monday to see what he would say about Shonn Greene and not one mention for the first hour or so. Of course it was Sanchez/USC Sanchez/USC and oh by the way Sanchez/USC. Verbal masterbation over Sanchez and USC...

Makes me sick. Sanchez is an average rookie NFL QB that is lucky he has a running game and two great backs. My opinion is the JETS have been winning in spite of Sanchez because of their great line and running backs, one who happens to be S Greene.

I tolerate Rome but my new favorite is Scott Van Pelt and Ryan Ricillo (Sp?). Those two feed off each other perfectly and have great dry humor.

Anyone remember this from many years ago? Was it staged?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8"]YouTube- Jim Rome[/ame]

In the mood for Frank Caliendo as Jim Rome?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFg4mtJMlmU&feature=PlayList&p=1E22298BE44FB609&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8"]YouTube- Frank Caliendo impression of Jim Rome[/ame]

His interviews are full of "What were you thinking when" and "How does that make you feel" questions. Let’s not forget his "Talk about when" questions that aren’t even questions. It also annoys me how he addresses the person he is interviewing by their first name about ten times during the interview. His interviews should be the triple U sponsor.

That being said I still listen to him because I can’t stand Kottler and the Round Guy on the Champ.

You seem well versed on Jim Rome. Please provide some examples, you know such as You Tube, etc. Mr. BOOFAY you've been challenged, meaning good bye, so long, fair well, we'll never hear from you again.

PLEASE DO NOT respond until you've done some research and are prepared to cite examples with links. I know you'll respond anyway without such examples since you're rockin' the avatar. Please, prove me wrong.

I only listen to Rome, occasionally, for the chance that he might veer away from sports and offer a hilarious social commentary on some non-sport issue. If he's droning on about sports, I'm, well, OUT.

I used to listen to Rome when his radio show was stronger. I then moved to an area where his show wasn't aired and then he lost a good number of affiliates. Now, it seems to be more about supporting his ESPN gig and playing up to his audience. When I hear him bashing on soccer and trying to be the everyman Joe Blow sportsfan by propping up MMA and NASCAR, which he used to call the left turn circuit, I have to think a little BS as this guy was born and raised in California.

Also, as I said, I heard his show when he was basically just on in Southern California and then as it grew national. The whole Clones thing was more meaningful then and the callers were more knowledgeable. Now, all you really have to do is kiss Rome's butt and he slobbers praise all over you.

However, the delivery thing. That is one of his trademark deals. It is a California thing.

now if you want to talk about a tool, cowherd is your man. rome is really just comical, i listen to his show because its fun. but dan patrick is the best of the best without a doubt.

a co-worker and I were talking about Rome the other day and we both summized it by saying this: you have to hate Rome, before you can truly appreciate him. I love listening to him now. I used to kinda like him, than hated him, and now he has me.

Trust me, some of the things you despise about Rome now - you'll laugh at in 6 months.

a co-worker and I were talking about Rome the other day and we both summized it by saying this: you have to hate Rome, before you can truly appreciate him. I love listening to him now. I used to kinda like him, than hated him, and now he has me.

Trust me, some of the things you despise about Rome now - you'll laugh at in 6 months.

I agree you can't just jump in and get the show, but if you stick with it and start to get in the know it is really good. I think if the host was someone besides Rome but did the same show everyone would love it...

I have been listening to Rome off and on for 10 years. I used to listen to him tape delayed when I went to Iowa on 800am while I studied in the Burge cafeteria.

The show has evolved quite a bit since then, and it has turned into a pretty big inside joke. I have no idea how someone listening to him for the first time could understand any of it. I mean honestly, if you sat down and just listened one day, he would start referencing Carl in Rosemead, the quad-Yeah!, Joleane, Larry Brown's crank, the manual buzzer, and the Rex streak, and you would have no idea what the hell is going on.

Rome IS an acquired taste. Personally, I think he's an idiot and I value his opinion about as much as the average ISU fan. I also believe he suffers from having a small male member, if I can say that in mixed company.

I agree with this.

My own personal timeline was the first 2-3 times I listened to Rome, I couldn't stand his style. Then, I suddenly 'got it' & a dark part of me enjoyed listening to him insult & embarrass people. That stage lasted for a month or two. Then, I realized that he actually was appealing to the lowest common denominator & felt badly that I was even remotely entertained by the show. Now, I can take him, but only in small doses...

Dan Patrick is most definitely the man and his interviews are better than any other talk radio host I've listened to.

Latest posts