First Time in History: Iowa State will sell more season tickets than Iowa

Not a chance. ISU plays in a high school stadium and is coming off an even worse season than ours. Granted, they have more athletes than us and play a more fun style of offense, but they are a one or two win team next year.

The fact that this is even a possibility... should be enough for the immediate sacking of Barta and Ferentz.

It just proves that they're stupid enough to watch a crappy product and we're not going to be suckered into watching mediocrity.

Who cares......they will have the same decision to make Iowa will have at the end of the year.....What to do with their HC? 42 bowl games next year which means 84 of 128 D-1 teams will go bowling and if ISU ain't one of them even their delusional fan base can't go to the "toughest conference in America" card.

If true, then I'm glad. Let that send a message loud and clear to the athletic aristocracy at UI.

It won't, though.

If true, then I'm glad. Let that send a message loud and clear to the athletic aristocracy at UI.

It won't, though.

Exactly. I could care less. All this tells me is that Iowa fans aren't going to continue to accept mediocrity while ISU fans are so used to losing that all it takes to bring them in is some smooth talking and a new addition.

As a huge Hawkeye fan it sounds awful for me to say this, but I'm glad. A message needed to be sent. That's why I canceled my four season tickets. I'm not going to continue to pay that kind of money for a subpar product.

Iowa State will sell more season tickets than Iowa this year, I believe. That has to be a first.

UNBELIEVABLE

Why would you post something like this when you don't, apparently, have any confirmed sources to support what you " believe "? Please supply your source for this information, or clearly state that you are guessing this could happen.

Not gonna happen, and even if they do, it is because they give the tickets away. Iowa just about doubles ISU in ticket revenue in football, and they aren't close to being double the capacity of Joke Trice Stadium. Who cares if ISU sells 54,000 in season tickets to Iowa's 40,000, when Iowa will still take home millions more in ticket revenue generated.

Not gonna happen, and even if they do, it is because they give the tickets away. Iowa just about doubles ISU in ticket revenue in football, and they aren't close to being double the capacity of Joke Trice Stadium. Who cares if ISU sells 54,000 in season tickets to Iowa's 40,000, when Iowa will still take home millions more in ticket revenue generated.
Usually when Iowa plays in Ames, I buy the $100 (they may have gone up recently, I don't remember) hillside season tickets, then sell the Iowa game for at least $120 a piece. That way I make $40 bucks and if I want to go see Texas or some other real football school when it doesn't conflict with an Iowa game, I can. So I can say I've been paid to go watch Iowa State football. It's somewhat entertaining after a few beers to hear the fan base get crushed most games when they realize they are going to lose again.

It won't happen this year. I did some checking on previous years too. Before 1915 the clowns played at what were basically park fields.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Williams_Field

Clyde Williams field opened with a capacity of only 5000 and as late as 1965 could still only hold 29,000. By contrast Iowa Field could hold 29,500 after the 1922 expansion. Even that was not big enough and would be replaced 7 years later with Iowa (now Kinnick) Stadium.

The Iowa Football program has always been far ahead of the clowns. Nothing is changing about that. Once a clown always a clown.

Last edited:
What'd ISU sell last yr and expect to sell this yr? I highly doubt they will sell more then 40k overall will they? And what do they charge? Are they pulling that pricing stunt again for when Iowa comes to town? Ole Pollard is shrewd to put it nicely.

Don't they have a lottery system though at ISU that motivates fans to buy season tickets? I heard that if they happen to be at one of the three games they win every year, you get a free hotdog or something...maybe it was peanuts...I read the article pretty fast. That's serious incentive to buy a season ticket.

Latest posts