First Time in History: Iowa State will sell more season tickets than Iowa

Iowa is reporting that they sold 30,000 season tickets this year. There was an article to that effect in the Des Moines Register. It is common knowledge that Iowa State sold at least 31,000 season tickets LAST YEAR. My understanding is that they are up this year from that amount. Those are my sources. I think my statements are accurate. This is the first time it has happened, as far as I can tell.

Iowa State sold over 40,000 season tickets for 2014 (including students), according to an article written by Randy Peterson. Iowa has sold 30,000 to the general public this year. Iowa will not sell 10,000 student season tickets.

Why would you post something like this when you don't, apparently, have any confirmed sources to support what you " believe "? Please supply your source for this information, or clearly state that you are guessing this could happen.

I'm not guessing. Iowa sold 30,000 tickets to the general public this year (Des Moines Register). Iowa will not sell 10,000 season tickets to students this year, so Iowa's total has to be below 40,000. Iowa State sold 42,000 season tickets in 2013 and well over 40,000 in 2014. They won't fall below 40,000 this year. These are all articles written by the Des Moines Register, with the Iowa State numbers coming from Randy Peterson. I'm too old and too dumb to do links, but if you check it out on Google you will come to the same conclusion. I feel very comfortable in my conclusions. The bottom line: Pollard has done a very good job of selling "hope" for the future. Barta and Ferentz have not. I think the Iowa season ticket downward trend will continue unless there is a dramatic improvement in number of wins from Ferentz. I don't see it happening this year. An 8,000 drop in public season tickets is dramatic, alarming and unprecedented at Iowa. The Iowa fans voted with their pocketbooks. I have no ax to grind here....I renewed my tickets. I'm just concerned about where Iowa football is going.

Here are the Iowa student season ticket sales, according to a March 2, 2015 article written by Rick Brown: 2012: 10,371; 2013: 7382; 2014: 6,440. IF Iowa sells the same number of student tickets this year that they sold in 2014 (highly unlikely), that means that a total of 36,440 season tickets will be sold for Iowa football (far below what Iowa State sold in 2014 (over 40,000) and far below what Iowa State will sell in 2015. Iowa fans and students are speaking loud and clear: They want change

Whether ISU sells more season tickets or not Iowa will average more fans per game. Let's see how many season tickets ISU sells for 2016 after they win 3 games this year and Rhoads is still the coach because he's recruited the players he needs to win at ISU.

Thank you for the update, Chosen. Point taken. I agree that this is cause for some embarrassment.

I was pointing out that the Iowa Football program, has always been better than the clowns, is better, and always will be better. I even took the time to look at what tiny stadiums they used to play on.

And you sir win this thread! People who still defend this crap are KF supporters not Iowa Hawkeye supporters.

Disagree ... RocknRoll gets best supporting. You not only nailed this thread but defined the entire criticism of the apologists.

Latest posts