vs. Purdue
vs. Wisconsin
@Neb
vs. Minnesota
@Penn St.
vs. MSU
@OSU
@Michigan

We likely won't be favored @ILL or @Rutgers...maybe Wisconsin at home? It's hard to find games I'm confident we can win on this schedule.

When does it happen?

Next games:
@ILL
@ Rutgers
vs. Purdue
vs. Wisconsin
@Neb
vs. Minnesota
@Penn St.
vs. MSU
@OSU
@Michigan

We likely won't be favored @ILL or @Rutgers...maybe Wisconsin at home? It's hard to find games I'm confident we can win on this schedule.
Has any coach in the history of the big ten batted zero and kept his job?

There is no way to have any confidence in any game on the schedule. But looking at those teams I think we have a small shot in almost every game. Then I remember how little we try and think this team doesn't even deserve a win.

There is no way to have any confidence in any game on the schedule. But looking at those teams I think we have a small shot in almost every game. Then I remember how little we try and think this team doesn't even deserve a win.
They are trying but when you are that bad and slow it looks like bad effort .

No they aren't. You don't give up that many dunks and layups in a row if you're trying. They try for stretches and look decent when they do.
Most of the interior points were against pemsl and Garza . Pemsl is only 6’8 can’t jump or move his feet but he tries . Garza can’t jump or move his feet but he tries . We are a MAC team playing in the big ten . Trust me they are trying but their ability has no business being in this league

Most of the interior points were against pemsl and Garza . Pemsl is only 6’8 can’t jump or move his feet but he tries . Garza can’t jump or move his feet but he tries . We are a MAC team playing in the big ten . Trust me they are trying but their ability has no business being in this league

They are both lost. It has nothing to do with being slow. If they were quicker, they would just get there in time to foul for an and 1. You don't leave a lane WIDE open because you're slow. Woody was slow and he was great on defense due to positioning and anticipation.

Possibly at Rutgers

Not confident playing at Ilinois. Has been difficult to win there since the Mr. Davis years, for some unknown reason.....

Wisconsin, Minnesota and, as unlikely as it might definitely appear, MSU at Carver.....

With an even chance of winning at PSU and Michigan

That is being optimistic

We shall see

4/5 wins in the big before our Big Tournament run

:cool:

They are both lost. It has nothing to do with being slow. If they were quicker, they would just get there in time to foul for an and 1. You don't leave a lane WIDE open because you're slow. Woody was slow and he was great on defense due to positioning and anticipation.
Woody was slow too but he was quicker than Garza. Woody would smoke Garza in a suicide drill. Garza might be the slowest big I have ever seen at Iowa

Last 3 games:
vs. Indiana
@ Minnesota
vs. Northwestern

Surely we win one of those home games.

Yes, indeed

We can beat Indiana and NW at Carver

And the GopherGame is within grasp

We certainly owe the gophers for the stolen victory they had at Williams Arena last season.....

:cool:

Has any coach in the history of the big ten batted zero and kept his job?

Here is what I've found going back to 1990-91, coaches that won zero or 1 conference games.

0-18 Bill Foster NW returned
0-16 Kevin O'Neill NW let go
1-15 Jim O'Brien OSU returned
1-15 Ed DeChellis PSU returned
1-17 Ricky Byrdsong (RIP) NW returned
1-17 Bill Carmody NW returned
1-17 Tom Crean Indiana returned
1-17 Eddie Jordan Rutgers let go

Obviously Northwestern is a unique example, and Crean was in his first year after Indiana imploded the year previous. Jim O'Brien made up for it by cheating. But overall, it's been way more likely to return after a year like that then be fired. And we aren't going to go 1-17 or 0-18 anyway IMO, should win at least four somewhere in there. If I missed anyone feel free to correct me.

Latest posts