Final Sagarin Poll Rankings

cyhawk55

This poll has some very interesting rankings.
USATODAY.com

The Big 12 has 7 teams in the top 25
The Big Ten has 4
The SEC has 4
The PAC 12 has 3

Iowa finished 43 with a 75.03 rating/ Oklahoma finished 4 with a rating of 92.87
Iowa State finished 29 with a 78.31 rating/ Rutgers finished 49 with a rating of 73.84

Last edited:
There is an unhealthy obsession that cyclone fans have with the Sagarin rankings....

what's unhealthy about it? It shows how teams stack up nationally without the bias that dealt us some of the worst BCS selections to date yesterday.

I can see the argument for Bama, and OSU could have easily won in ames and been in. but who I think got completely screwed is K-State. #8 in the BCS and they dont get in? and michigan and va tech do?

There is an unhealthy obsession that cyclone fans have with the Sagarin rankings....

Why do you say that? You know Iowa fans would be touting it if 7 Big 10 teams were in the top 25. It's just another ranking but seems better since it takes out the human element which can screw things up. You realize that coaches that vote just give it to assistant coaches and what coach has the time to watch all teams play.

what's unhealthy about it? It shows how teams stack up nationally without the bias that dealt us some of the worst BCS selections to date yesterday.

I can see the argument for Bama, and OSU could have easily won in ames and been in. but who I think got completely screwed is K-State. #8 in the BCS and they dont get in? and michigan and va tech do?

"In ?" In what? The BCS system was not created to do anything but put the #1 and #2 teams in the National Championship. After that, it is up to the individual bowl games to choose their teams.

"In ?" In what? The BCS system was not created to do anything but put the #1 and #2 teams in the National Championship. After that, it is up to the individual bowl games to choose their teams.

I like to think there should be some form of standard in our bowl system, or at least in the BCS games anyway. but it's just all a cash grab. IMO it takes the purity out of College football.

The ranking has grown more into a couping method for ISU fans....a kind of excuse why they are losing and to appoint grandeur to their program even though loses. Not healthy at all. ;).

USATODAY.com

The Big Ten has 4
The SEC has 4
The PAC 12 has 3

Iowa finished 43 with a 75.03 rating/ Oklahoma finished 4 with a rating of 92.87
Iowa State finished 29 with a 78.31 rating/ Rutgers finished 49 with a rating of 73.84

Little brother to the core.

USATODAY.com

The Big Ten has 4
The SEC has 4
The PAC 12 has 3

Thanks for the info, now can you find the latest standings for the Directors Cup?

I like to think there should be some form of standard in our bowl system, or at least in the BCS games anyway. but it's just all a cash grab. IMO it takes the purity out of College football.

There are plenty of things taking the purity out of college football/sports.

Sad to say there hasn't been any "purity" in college football since Knute Rockne.:(

Latest posts