Final Record Prediction?

FlaHawk1

Despite the Black and Gold blood running through my veins, after what I have seen from the Hawks and the remaining teams on our schedule, I only see 1 more win against illinois. Making our final Record 6 and 6.

Since this is the first time it's come up and I really haven't put much thought into, I'm gonna make a much more positive guess, 7-5. I think Hawks sweep the state of Illannoy.

Being a true fan, I gotta stay positive -- unlike certain Florida based Hawk "fans". ^^ ^^

5 games left:

Win @ILL, split NW/@Minnesota, and lose both to Wisky & Nebby. 7-5. 8-4 tops if they can pull an upset in one of those last two games.

I'm also a FL based Hawk Fan, but not sure 7-5 is me being optimistic. If Iowa was a very good team, they would probably end up no worse than 9-3 with the remaining schedule.

6-6 with our only win against Illinois. NW and Minnesota are both much improved and I think Wisky and Nebby will massacre us.

Since this is the first time it's come up and I really haven't put much thought into, I'm gonna make a much more positive guess, 7-5. I think Hawks sweep the state of Illannoy.

Being a true fan, I gotta stay positive -- unlike certain Florida based Hawk "fans". ^^ ^^

You saying I'm not a hawk fan? Point your finger somewhere else. I've been one for 40 years. Went to Iowa BECAUSE I was a hawk fan. When I lived in Iowa didn't miss a home game for 10 years. I've also been to a dozen bowl games. Your prediction was 1 game more than mine..." Ooh you are so big, your so absolutely huge, gosh we're all really impressed down here I can tell you!"

I think we handle NW coming off the bye week. But I think we lose to Minnesota beat Illinois then drop the last two but I give us an outside shot against Wisconsin. So 7-5.

Despite the Black and Gold blood running through my veins, after what I have seen from the Hawks and the remaining teams on our schedule, I only see 1 more win against illinois. Making our final Record 6 and 6.

Do you actually believe this? Cause if so, I'd like to wager whatever you'd like that Iowa ends up with more than 6 wins.

You saying I'm not a hawk fan? Point your finger somewhere else. I've been one for 40 years. Went to Iowa BECAUSE I was a hawk fan. When I lived in Iowa didn't miss a home game for 10 years. I've also been to a dozen bowl games. Your prediction was 1 game more than mine..." Ooh you are so big, your so absolutely huge, gosh we're all really impressed down here I can tell you!"

Hee, Hee, Hee :)

Welcome to HN, FlaHawk1. :cool:

Awfully defensive aren't you?

Probably just another tweeter alt.

Yes, I do. It's not what I WISH to happen, just a prediction, an opinion. If you read the thread, then you know I was not the only one to say so. Most of the others only had us winning 1 more. If you are so sure of more wins, good for you...I hope you are right.

I can't even tell what offense is going to show up on Saturdays anymore let alone guess an overall record. If I had to pick what the next game looks like I'm banking it will probably look like the last one. I think everyone was pretty pleased how it started. Most had hopes it would actually last. KF is the ultimate troll! We were looking good but then KF had to drop trout and **** in the wind again and wonder why he's getting wet. Guy just can't get out of his own way. Didn't help GD went all derp either. Rudock is scared of his own shadow and apparently forgot how to throw the ball farther than 10 yards again. It's laughable. I have no idea how we even have 5 wins. They have had flashes of promise though but it quickly reverts back to that comfy zone. Conservatism at its finest. I love Hawkeye football but it is a nightmare wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a skunk turd sitting on a mountain of money in the brain of a narcissist.

I can see us winning 3 more possibly. I can also see us losing every game. I don't see us winning both Nebraska and Wisky though. Possible we get one upset but no way we get both. I'd be just worried about jNW at this point.

No, I'm not. I'm just a life long fan who is sad to see our beloved football program slide back into mediocrity.

An 8 point win over a (3-4) UNI team.
A come from behind "thriller" over mighty (2-5) Ball State.
A loss at home to perennial National Championship contender (2-5) Iowa State.
A decent win at (4-3) Pitt.
A win over a (3-5) Purdue team that didn't figure out their QB sucked until it was too late.
A win over a (3-4) Indiana team that had to play virtually without a QB.
And throwing 56 times with zero rushes in the 4th quarter at (5-2) Maryland.

There's nothing in our resume that suggests we should get more than 6 or 7 wins. The truth hurts.

Disregarding the commonly held (and proven in yrs past) notion that our team gains traction throughout the year; i see no reason to think we'd win any more games outside of Ill. Our competition beefs up this year as the we head into the final games and we've struggled or even lost to teams far worse than what's ahead of us.
If this team can somehow improve and K.F. can somehow get the right guys in, and Davis can somehow call a game...we might win 3 of the 5 w/ the last two split. We could also win em all.

We most likely win 1 or 2. Could win our bowl depending on who we play. If we're "bumped up" a tier or two in the bowls as we often are, we'll get stomped by the likes of LSU, A&M, Okie St, or UCLA or whichever, low to middle, of the conference standing team we're matched up against.

Latest posts