Final Rankings by AP Voter Scott Wolf

hawkincal

Expanding on the other thread about some AP voter rankings, here are the final rankings that I saw in this morning's Los Angeles Daily News from their USC beat writer, Scott Wolf, who votes in the AP poll.

1) Alabama
2) Florida
3) Texas
4) Boise State
5) Virginia Tech
6) TCU
7) Nebraska
8) Ohio State
9) Cincinnati
10) Mississippi
11) Pittsburgh
12) BYU
13) Oregon
14) Penn State
15) LSU
16) Iowa
17) Utah
18) Wisconsin
19) Miami
20) West Virginia
21) Georgia Tech
22) Oregon State
23) Stanford
24) Central Michigan
25) Navy

It is pretty difficult to see how a major conference school that wins a BCS bowl game (over a major conference champion), and has 11 wins on the season, gets ranked #16 in an AP voter's final poll. Going into the bowl season, Wolf ranked Iowa #24, and I believe he had Georgia Tech #10, so after losing to Iowa in the Orange Bowl, Georgia Tech dropped considerably in his ratings.

Last edited:
Expanding on the other thread about some AP voter rankings, here are the final rankings that I saw in this morning's Los Angeles Daily News from their USC beat writer, Scott Wolf, who votes in the AP poll.

1) Alabama
2) Florida
3) Texas
4) Boise State
5) Virginia Tech
6) TCU
7) Nebraska
8) Ohio State
9) Cincinnati
10) Mississippi
11) Pittsburgh
12) BYU
13) Oregon
14) Penn State
15) LSU
16) Iowa
17) Utah
18) Wisconsin
19) Miami
20) West Virginia
21) Georgia Tech
22) Oregon State
23) Stanford
24) Central Michigan
25) Navy

It is pretty difficult to see how a major conference school that wins a BCS bowl game (over a major conference champion), and has 11 wins on the season, gets ranked #16 in an AP voter's final poll. Going into the bowl season, Wolf ranked Iowa #24, and I believe he had Georgia Tech #10, so after losing to Iowa in the Orange Bowl, Georgia Tech dropped considerably in his ratings.

Having Nebraska at #7 should tell you all you need to know about this guy and the AP.

this dude's gotta be a loser. Cinci, ole miss, BYU, PSU all in front of Iowa...... C'mon maaaaannnn

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Since I moved to LA in August, I have read nothing positive in the LA Times about the Big Ten. I understand this is Pac-10 country, but the pure disrespect and hatred (I think jealousy) for the Big Ten is ridiculous. By the way, Penn State is ahead of Iowa in his poll...makes sense:rolleyes:.

this guy seems to be your classic attention seeker. After the regular season he had Iowa at #24, in the mix with Cent Mich, Houston, Utah, and OK State

That guy is an idiot. Tirrell had him on before the Michigan State game grilling him about why he had Iowa so low (credit to Marty...he didn't pull any punches). The guy said Iowa hadn't "proven" anything yet. Of course he had USC in his Top 10 and also Nebraska if I recall (who had already lost a couple of games).

He needs to have his voting privilege pulled. I'd love for Tirrell to get this clown back on again.

I could care less how some dbag from LaLa land votes for Iowa. Every year you will have goofs who are haters and honestly not knowledgeable about football across the nation. This guy has some kind of problem with the big ten and it is jealously.

James has PSU ahead of Iowa :confused:

Well yeah...why not? They beat Iowa head to...oh wait...ok ok, but last year they rolled into Iowa City and beat Iowa on their way to a BCS title...oh...wait...Hmm...his kid told him he liked Penn State and they should've gone to a BCS game ahead of Iowa!?!? Ok, NOW it's makin' sense!