Final Four National Anthem

stanzi.jpg

I'm really tired of these "artists" not realizing THE song is not about them, it's about the song. As a veteran, it pains me to say, but I go to the bathroom when it's on TV - be it the Superbowl, World Series, etc. it's just too painful....

Agree with the OP. Just because you can sing and extend one word for 20 seconds does not mean you should do that. I think many of these artists are doing it for themselves -- with little thought about the song itself. They want to be the next "talk" on TMZ, etc. I appreciate a good voice but you can still sing the song without creating your own, drawn-out rendition ...

Totally agree. This is an outstanding example of how good it sounds when it's done the way it should be:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiRUSjSJnQ[/ame]

I'm really tired of these "artists" not realizing THE song is not about them, it's about the song. As a veteran, it pains me to say, but I go to the bathroom when it's on TV - be it the Superbowl, World Series, etc. it's just too painful....

You should probley see your doc about that. :D

What the ****? The Frey apparently thought they needed to completely change the National Anthem. Sounded like total ****.

They just need to get somebody like Jim Cornelison to sing it for every championship game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqAcfy5G23k]2011 NFC Championship Bears vs Packers : Star-Spangled Banner - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YMc87XQ4gM&feature=related]Top 10 bad national anthem - YouTube[/ame]

heres some more...

The third ******* chord was wrong in the ******* Fray's ******* version. God, I knew that band always sucked balls really hard, but I had no idea they blew like that.

I mean for the love of all that is holy on this ******* planet. Are you telling me they left the house thinking, "yeah this is a good idea."

Hey The Frey - I say shut it down ********. Shut it down now.

Disgusting, how it's practically common-practice/okay to just do a sub-par anthem.
Just ******* hack the **** out it. It's no big deal. Just a country's anthem, our anthem.
Almost like it's a contest among piece of **** artists.
Hey, let's see if we can just do what we do best, and **** the ever living **** out of the mother****ing anthem.....cause ya know, we suck anyways, so might as well prove to the audience that we haven't changed.....
**** **** stupid azz hack mother****ers from ******* who gives a ****.

Disgusting, how it's practically common-practice/okay to just do a sub-par anthem.
Just ******* hack the **** out it. It's no big deal. Just a country's anthem, our anthem.
Almost like it's a contest among piece of **** artists.
Hey, let's see if we can just do what we do best, and **** the ever living **** out of the mother****ing anthem.....cause ya know, we suck anyways, so might as well prove to the audience that we haven't changed.....
**** **** stupid azz hack mother****ers from ******* who gives a ****.

I don't know you or your ******* from a whole in the ground.

But I think you have instantly elevated yourself into my top 10 posters on the ******* nation.

I mean your use of curse words here is ******* top notch.

****, ****, Balls.

So I can't say big ****, but he can say big **** coming out of my mouth? That sucks!

Latest posts