Field Storm

It was a big win. Nothing wrong with the students storming the field and having fun.

But, I do think it would have been cooler and funnier if the fans would have had more of a, "Meh, it's Minnesota, so just another win." attitude.

That's not criticizing fans for storming the field at all. It's more about taking joy in giving Minnesota an additional shot to the gut after ruining their dream season.

Storm the field:

Beat an undefeated team in November
Beat Top 10 team in November
Beat a rival with a legit trophy on the line
Night game
Seal game with a last minute interception

No storm the field:

The first four plus...
It's not a close, tense game with an exciting finish

It's all about the release of tension with the end of that game, in a situation where I think a lot of us thought Minny was just going to march down the field and get the TD they needed to win (shades of PSU game)

Verdict: I got no issue with storming the field on this one.

If they beat a big-time program, okay. Beating the Gophers is the norm.
I'm glad Iowa won, good win, but, don't rush the field.
My daughter is a senior. So she saw the Ohio State game I was there also. She was just coming off an ACL surgery and I'm too old to Rush the field.... she texted me when the game is over, can you believe they're rushing the field because we beat Minnesota? What the hell are they doing? We beat a top-10 team, but it is Minnesota let's don't give them the credit they think they deserve.

Why?

Ill hang up and listen

Why not? Big win over a top 10 team. Haven't head many big wins in recent years, so why not have fun? Beats sitting on your hands and then filing out quietly.

I've literally seen people complain about the atmosphere in Carver, then complain that the students storm the court after a big win. Makes no sense.. Can't have it both ways.

Why bitch about something like this? It's a GOOD thing.

Why?

Ill hang up and listen

people like to enjoy a win. I wouldn’t storm the field over beating an overrated gopher team that you were favored over, but hey, people love the hawks, especially drunk fans. So just let them enjoy the win over an undefeated top 10 team.

I sat up all night pondering this. Then I asked myself "self, would you have stormed the field, knowing full well that you'll be criticized on hawkeyenation.com ?" I answered thus: If I were in my 20's and my friends did it, then I'd do it. If I were in my 30's and wasd good and drunk then yes I would do it. If I were 40 or older then it would depend if I had to pee or not, and if I did not have to pee, and I was drunk and my kids did it and my wife said it was ok, I'd walk out there.

One hell of a crowd again. Sure there were quite a few Minnesota fans compared to past years, but the Hawk fans were in it all the way. Great showing.

I just stormed back to my tailgate party after the game and had a few Coors Lights.

I will say, it was pretty cold at the game and the wind before the sun set was brutal. The sunny and semi decent warm weather in the day fooled me.

I just stormed back to my tailgate party after the game and had a few Coors Lights.

I will say, it was pretty cold at the game and the wind before the sun set was brutal. The sunny and semi decent warm weather in the day fooled me.

Where were you sitting? My wife and I were in section 108, row 72. I didn't think it was that cold at all. My feet got a little chilly toward the end of the game but that's about it. This was nothing compared to the Northwestern game last year. It was cold, and we lost a game that was frustrating to watch.

Where were you sitting? My wife and I were in section 108, row 72. I didn't think it was that cold at all. My feet got a little chilly toward the end of the game but that's about it. This was nothing compared to the Northwestern game last year. It was cold, and we lost a game that was frustrating to watch.
press box side, no sun at all.

Why?

Ill hang up and listen
If you don't understand the storming the field, you don't understand the history of the Iowa Minnesota rivalry. Have you already forgotten the goal posts in the dome? Also, The rivalry in this series goes way back.

Also, why deny the fans this fun? The way this season is going, the fans really deserved this release. I didn't hear of any misbehavior by the fans, at all. Also, the rest of the country thinks Iowa just beat a top 10 team that just beat a top ten team the week before.

If they beat a big-time program, okay. Beating the Gophers is the norm.
I'm glad Iowa won, good win, but, don't rush the field.

To me, it was more of a "we finally enjoy a big win" kind of thing. If you don't think that game was a big win, watch the locker room speech by KF. Fans need to have fun at Iowa. It's sure been tough to do that at times. Let people have fun. Also, after about 10 minutes, it's not really a "storm" situation. Rather, it's "let's walk on the field and take pictures".

Latest posts