Ferentz Won't Confirm/Deny KOK Indiana Talk

And yet, it's going to take KOK leaving and KF's offenses struggling for several more years for people (including probably KF himself) to wake up and quit defending ineptitude.

There's no excuse for Iowa's offense being this bad in an era where offenses lead the way in both the college and pro ranks.

Great defense and a decent/good offense still trumps great offense and decent defense. While fewer and fewer teams are taking that approach, if Oregon or Auburn ran into a team with great defense and a decent/good offense, I'd be taking the challenger. But there are fewer great defenses these days. 'Bama will be next year, they were just a little too green to be great this year. They'll win the title next year, IMO.

Thank god Indiana isn't in our division. If that were the case something tells me KOK would use his intricate knowledge of Iowa's defesive schemes to average 40 ppg against Iowa and would go undefeated against us.

All takes is "film" of a couple Iowa games and you have the "D" figured out.

Great defense and a decent/good offense still trumps great offense and decent defense. While fewer and fewer teams are taking that approach, if Oregon or Auburn ran into a team with great defense and a decent/good offense, I'd be taking the challenger. But there are fewer great defenses these days. 'Bama will be next year, they were just a little too green to be great this year. They'll win the title next year, IMO.

You can't win if you don't score.

Great defense and a decent/good offense still trumps great offense and decent defense.

Who says we have to have only a 'decent' defense with a better offense? There's no rule that says you can't have both a good/great defense and a good offense.

And under Ferentz, I would not quality our offense as 'good'.

Be funny if KOK went somewhere else, opened things up, and kicked our butt. And it wouldn't surpirise me.

Who says we have to have only a 'decent' defense with a better offense? There's no rule that says you can't have both a good/great defense and a good offense.

And under Ferentz, I would not quality our offense as 'good'.

That wasn't what I was trying to say. Just that a team with a great defense and a decent (or better) offense beats a team with great offense and decent defense. So while offense is trendy, it doesn't win championships when matched against teams with great defenses (with decent or better offenses).

You can't win if you don't score.

That's why I said a team with great defense and decent or better offense beats a team with great offense and decent defense (which is characteristic of both Auburn and Oregon, as well as quite a few other teams now). You've got to be able to put up points at a solid clip, but great defense is still the most important aspect.

That's why I said a team with great defense and decent or better offense beats a team with great offense and decent defense (which is characteristic of both Auburn and Oregon, as well as quite a few other teams now). You've got to be able to put up points at a solid clip, but great defense is still the most important aspect.

Oregon has more than a decent defense. They are 9th in the country, giving up just 4.5 yards per play.

Oregon has more than a decent defense. They are 9th in the country, giving up just 4.5 yards per play.

And they're 14th in points/game allowed. That's more than sufficient for 'good if not great' defense considering they're in a major conference where defense often takes a back seat to the offense.

For giggles: Missouri 6th at 15.2 points/game, Iowa 7th at 16.4.

You give BB the talent on this Iowa roster and the Hawkeyes are 11-1 right now with much greater offensive production while maintaining a top defense. The conference is getting tougher next year and unless KF becomes more creative on the field Iowa will never approach the 02-04 experience. And his elite salary is based on what happened in that time frame.

Latest posts