Ferentz suspended 1 game, university fined

ShoreHawk15

...would be the headline in the newspapers if this nonsense existed in college football last Saturday:

Y! SPORTS

In this California youth football league, if a team wins by 35 points or more, their coach is suspended for one game and the team is fined $200.

I'm starting to understand why my grandpa keeps saying this country is becoming weaker than a veal calf.

...would be the headline in the newspapers if this nonsense existed in college football last Saturday:

Y! SPORTS

In this California youth football league, if a team wins by 35 points or more, their coach is suspended for one game and the team is fined $200.

I'm starting to understand why my grandpa keeps saying this country is becoming weaker than a veal calf.
It is horrible how this notion that everyone has to be a winner is protruding the country. Kids grow up so entitled now and days and when they get out in the real world they will find out not everyone gets a gold star on their paper. Just sickening how those kids intentionally slowed down in the video so the coach would not get fined. I don't have a problem with getting reps for the 2nd and 3rd teamers, but gee wiz let the kids play and score points.

Definitely a poor rule. I get that they don't want teams running up the score, but not every lopsided score is the result of that.

Definitely fair to fine a team and suspend a coach because the other team sucks. Great idea.

Youth tackle football should be canceled all together. Repeated hits cause brain injuries that change the personalities of the injured for the rest of their lives.

Also, this thread title sucks.

Youth tackle football should be canceled all together. Repeated hits cause brain injuries that change the personalities of the injured for the rest of their lives.

Also, this thread title sucks.

So should riding bikes, skate boarding, climbing trees, playing soccer, playing baseball, juggling coconuts..All can cause brain injuries.

So should riding bikes, skate boarding, climbing trees, playing soccer, playing baseball, juggling coconuts..All can cause brain injuries.
Being a youth football coach I can tell you that the hits are not anywhere near as violent as falling off a bike, running into a wall, or a million other things that happen to normal kids that aren't just sitting on the coach playing video games.

Being a youth football coach I can tell you that the hits are not anywhere near as violent as falling off a bike, running into a wall, or a million other things that happen to normal kids that aren't just sitting on the coach playing video games.
Sitting around playing video games can be just as harmful, just in other ways.

Everyone knows that the best way to help the unsuccessful is to knock down the successful.

I hope you realize my post was in jest. My kid is safer on the football field than on the street.

That's probably because you are teaching kids how to tackle correctly. Seems in youth its usually not the kid getting tackled that gets his bell rung, its the kid doing the tackling.

Then the bad habits follow them to high school where the hits are more violent and so on. Will take awhile to fix the problems, you have the targeting rule in college now.

If kids learn proper technique at an early age, it will preserve the game long term. In order to do that you have to have youth tackle football. The hits are usually a pile of people falling down, but if there is a kid trying to copy the bad things like they see on TV, coaches such as yourself are there to correct it.

Y! SPORTS

Do the people on this forum ever get tired of this Clint Eastwood schtick? America is not getting "weaker" because a youth football league comprised of 7-13 year olds has a mercy rule. Take off your tinfoil hat.

Do the people on this forum ever get tired of this Clint Eastwood schtick? America is not getting "weaker" because a youth football league comprised of 7-13 year olds has a mercy rule. Take off your tinfoil hat.

You're right...but not in the way you think you are. The rule is the symptom...not the cause.

The tin-foil hat crack says it all.