Ferentz Statement on Binns

How is it newsworthy that Jon is sticking up for a coach who is one of the most respected men in the entire football community? Maybe I'll create a screen name on CF and start a thread asking that question.

Just kidding. I like chicks!

Jon....nice to see you have generated your own 5-page thread on CF. They must really like you or something. :)

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. Douglas Adams

Is it a thread about Binns, or a thread about Jon's post from the first page of this thread?

It's separate from the Binn's issue....some guy writing a 8 paragraph diatribe on why Jon is anti-Cyclone, and a clone-hater. Pretty funny reading actually.

Which would be what? In essence, Kirk has 134 kids besides his own, he can't possibly be looking after all of them 24/7.

i was talking about binns, lol. but interesting post!

while i agree with what jon said about needing to have something happen to him for him to be able to learn, these guys are playing division 1 football(yeah i'm not calling it FBS...or did i just do it there? i'm rambling) at a major college with what COULD be the greatest football season iowa has ever had. it just seems to me that you would respect that more and wouldn't do these kinds of things to jeopardize that.

but i also remember what it was like to be 20. i won't say his actions were right, but i do understand. i just hope the last few distractions in the iowa football program(which are rather small compared to a lot of schools) serves as a wake up call to the rest of the players and staff and we don't have to deal with this anymore

In general, I think Kirk has been pretty weak with his punishment of players, yes.

Just like I thought it was crap that McDerrmott brought back Colvin and Dendy before their suspensions were over.

In general, I think Kirk has been pretty weak with his punishment of players, yes.

Just like I thought it was crap that McDerrmott brought back Colvin and Dendy before their suspensions were over.

What McDerrmott did is not even comparable to KF's track record, not even close. KF doesn't go back on what he says. He sticks to his morales, he isn't a weak chump like McTool bag.

Kirk has never once said what he's going to do, and then gone back against his word. That has never happened.

Try again.

I just don't get it. If you are a great football player with the talent/ability to make it in the pro's, why would you risk that and much more by driving drunk?? especially in Iowa City.

It's a societal problem. Booze isn't viewed as a drug. As someone who has done many different drugs (regretably) I can honestly say that booze is HANDS DOWN the most dangerous drug that there is. The fact that booze is legal and weed is not is the most ridiculous law on the books.

I just don't get it. If you are a great football player with the talent/ability to make it in the pro's, why would you risk that and much more by driving drunk?? especially in Iowa City.

Because you're 20 years old, and when you're 20 years old, you make the occasional bad decision. We've all been there - maybe not at this level - but everyone here made decisions at that age that cause you to think "WTF was I thinking" when you get older.

Can you point to some specific situations and suggest how it could have been handled better?

It's a societal problem. Booze isn't viewed as a drug. As someone who has done many different drugs (regretably) I can honestly say that booze is HANDS DOWN the most dangerous drug that there is. The fact that booze is legal and weed is not is the most ridiculous law on the books.

I knew you were a stoner!:eek::D:D

Latest posts