Ferentz Presser as he speaks it (FINISHED)

Re: Ferentz Presser as he speaks it

Last year offense was lost a bit...feel now that everyone on same page

Everyone but me...I thikn everyone else has done a great job. all the players are comfortable...a lot further down the road on that one.

This makes me nervous because ultimately it's KF, as head coach, that makes the final decisions. Hopefully he is willing to trust those around him to do well, even if he doesn't have full trust and/or comprehension of where things are going on offense.

Biggest thing I got from this is Daniels will see playing time. Dang, he must be good. Usually kf doesn't wanna play freshman. Gettn' pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freshmen?

I think it looks LeShun Daniels will play...mulling things over with a candidate or two on defense, and Damon Powell will play too.

Receivers: We havent ruled it out, would not be this week

Does anyone got an educated guess on the 2 freshman defensive players who may play that Kirk is referring to?

Um, yeah. Clearly not a superstition type of guy.

RB Depth

It will be nice to not run one guy into the ground....Shonn Greene ran a lot but we had guys who could give him a break..we have that flexibility now...four guys who can help us.

Does anyone got an educated guess on the 2 freshman defensive players who may play that Kirk is referring to?

Guesses:

If the BTN guys are to be believed, Spearman might be one of them, but I still think he's to young and needs to redshirt. Beyond him, I would guess John Kenny, who had the advantage of going through spring practice at Iowa, might provide depth at OLB and contribute on special teams, and Malik Rucker and/or Solomon Warfield might be ready to contribute on special teams.

Certainly hope Powell plays, need a game changer there. If anything else to keep safeties honest. Key there with dangerous TE's to keep LB's honest as well.

Biggest thing I got from this is Daniels will see playing time. Dang, he must be good. Usually kf doesn't wanna play freshman. Gettn' pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,

Adrian Clayborn
DJK
Brandon Wegher
Adam Robinson

Just off the top of my head.

This makes me nervous because ultimately it's KF, as head coach, that makes the final decisions. Hopefully he is willing to trust those around him to do well, even if he doesn't have full trust and/or comprehension of where things are going on offense.

Last years offense was lost a bit...feel now that everyone on same page

Everyone but me...I think everyone else has done a great job. all the players are comfortable...a lot further down the road on that one.

This comment caught my attention as well jumper... almost sounds to me like KF is taking a hands off approach to the offense and he isn't sure how he feels about it yet. I know a lot of people on here will be glad to hear this if it is indeed what he meant. Now we'll see if that's the case or not.

In all fairness to GD, he should be allowed to run his system in order to prove if he can make it work. Asking him to "mesh" philosophies isn't allowing him to run his system. It's basically handcuffing him. Cut the cord and let him do his job.

Everyone but me...I think everyone else has done a great job. all the players are comfortable...a lot further down the road on that one.

This comment caught my attention as well jumper... almost sounds to me like KF is taking a hands off approach to the offense and he isn't sure how he feels about it yet. I know a lot of people on here will be glad to hear this if it is indeed what he meant. Now we'll see if that's the case or not.

In all fairness to GD, he should be allowed to run his system in order to prove if he can make it work. Asking him to "mesh" philosophies isn't allowing him to run his system. It's basically handcuffing him. Cut the cord and let him do his job.

Agreed. When the coaches have conflicts in what they're trying to do, how in the heck are the players supposed to know what they're trying to do....see last year. I wouldn't even call last year's offense a system. They defaulted to a power running game cause it's all they could get to work. When that wasn't possible, it was like they were back in the Spring again trying to figure it all out. It does sound like Kirk is all in on this offense and is going to give it a real chance. Doesn't guarantee it'll work but it'll have a better chance.

I think my brain would explode if Kirk came out to sidelines this year and didn't put his headset on. Then you'd know.

Signed,

Adrian Clayborn
DJK
Brandon Wegher
Adam Robinson

Daniels, Garmon, Canzeri, Coker, McCall, Wegher, Hampton were all True Freshman I believe.

This idea that Ferentz doesn't play freshman is a little played out.

Now, keep them healthy and on the team is a different story

Signed,

Adrian Clayborn
DJK
Brandon Wegher
Adam Robinson

Come on, man. You know kf has said several times he doesn't like to play freshman unless he has to. In this case, it would appear that Daniels is so good that they will keep him ready to go if the running back depth diminishes.

Come on, man. You know kf has said several times he doesn't like to play freshman unless he has to. In this case, it would appear that Daniels is so good that they will keep him ready to go if the running back depth diminishes.

This is probably true everywhere but running back. Over the last 10 years, KF has played TrFr at running back quite a bit.

I heard form a very reliable source, which I can't share, that Iowa is creating a position called slotback. The smaller RBs, such as Canzeri, will have a larger role catching out of the backfield. Kind of like what they were messing around with the H-Back thing with the TEs. Also if players mess up plays during the no huddle, KF will switch back to the old huddle offense.

Daniels, Garmon, Canzeri, Coker, McCall, Wegher, Hampton were all True Freshman I believe.

This idea that Ferentz doesn't play freshman is a little played out.

Now, keep them healthy and on the team is a different story

Add Damon Bullock, Shonn Greene, and Jevon Pugh to that list and it makes 10 true freshman running backs that have seen at least some action for Iowa in the last 10 seasons.

Last edited:

Latest posts