Ferentz Presser as he speaks it (FINISHED)

No he doesnt like to. If you took out RBs the % of Fr.that play other than ST would be Very very low
Come on, man. You know kf has said several times he doesn't like to play freshman unless he has to. In this case, it would appear that Daniels is so good that they will keep him ready to go if the running back depth diminishes.

I would think everyone would want to know about the mythical no-huddle we heard about all spring. Why didn't anyone ask if we will see it in action this week?

Re: Ferentz Presser as he speaks it

My wife works with Rucker's Dad. He has decided to red-shirt barring something unexpected.

Guesses:

If the BTN guys are to be believed, Spearman might be one of them, but I still think he's to young and needs to redshirt. Beyond him, I would guess John Kenny, who had the advantage of going through spring practice at Iowa, might provide depth at OLB and contribute on special teams, and Malik Rucker and/or Solomon Warfield might be ready to contribute on special teams.

Come on, man. You know kf has said several times he doesn't like to play freshman unless he has to. In this case, it would appear that Daniels is so good that they will keep him ready to go if the running back depth diminishes.

Of course everyone would rather have vets at every position than true freshman

Jake taking all snaps this year = a good thing in KF's mind

goodgrief.jpg

i would assume most coaches across the country would prefer not to play freshmen unless they have to

Those guys were at least semi-pressed into duty. We do have experience at RB right now, and Daniels has forced his way in any way.

Good point here. Kinda excited about his potential to force his way in with 3 guys who have played well at a D1 level. I heard good things from fans who went to the spring game about Malloy and Daniels has at least equaled him or bested him on the depth chart.

Jake taking all snaps this year = a good thing in KF's mind

goodgrief.jpg

I'd say that Kirk is looking at it from a "hopefully Jake takes a hold of the QB position, and runs with it. Not leaving the door open for a QB controversy" type of view. I would be glad if that were the case, because that would mean that he's doing a good job.

But not giving Jake a single snap last year when JVB obviously wasn't lighting the world on fire, was very, very frustrating.

Signed,

Adrian Clayborn
DJK
Brandon Wegher
Adam Robinson

Just off the top of my head.

Yeah, a whopping 4 guys. Robinson and Wegher by necessity. Clayborn arguably the most dominant defender we've had since Bob Sanders.
As others have noted, KFz openly admits he doesn't like to play Frosh. More than that...he'll stick with an upper classmen that is mediocre as long as possible...just because he's a been there longer.

Yeah, a whopping 4 guys. Robinson and Wegher by necessity. Clayborn arguably the most dominant defender we've had since Bob Sanders.
As others have noted, KFz openly admits he doesn't like to play Frosh. More than that...he'll stick with an upper classmen that is mediocre as long as possible...just because he's a been there longer.

Who should Iowa play this year (true freshmen). You seem upset that they aren't going to play.

I heard form a very reliable source, which I can't share, that Iowa is creating a position called slotback. The smaller RBs, such as Canzeri, will have a larger role catching out of the backfield. Kind of like what they were messing around with the H-Back thing with the TEs. Also if players mess up plays during the no huddle, KF will switch back to the old huddle offense.

You serious clark?

When somene lines up between an end and a tackle - in the backfield, its generally called lining up in the slot. I guess you could call the player who is in that spot the "slotback". When that player is out wide its called a flanker and often just called WR. However this person is in the backfield.

It's not new.

I think you are trying to say that Iowa will feature this more than in the past.

As I understand it an H-back just implies that the spot is not at the traditional FB or TB position - but usually moving around in the backfield inside where tight-ends line up - usually used for blocking.

My heart stopped when I thought I read that KF designed a new position and scheme for the game of football - then sanity came back.

Latest posts