Ferentz Passes on Visit to Henderson

I think we need to make a push to be Lane Kiffin's next coaching position, which could be as early as next year. Then we will be able to land these types of recruits...well for at least 1 class or 2.

KF obviously doesn't know what he is doing. I believe it's time for him to go.

Count me there too!
In fact I am more excited about 2-3 of our guys than I ever was about SH and all of his daddy baggage.
The kid wouldnt fit here. KF knew that all along.
Someone else said it best : The only game you better be playing with KF is football.
+1 to that guy....

Daddy baggage? Who do we know that had that problem?

*cough* Jake *cough*

I think KF knows what he is doing.
Afterall he's the one that has to put up with these guy's.
I can't believe someone would call it a stupid move ,when they have no idea what the real situation is like.

This thread is cracking me up. The last month it was all about how awesome it would be to get this guy. Then today it is all "He has too much baggage, we don't want him".

Hilarious.

I happen to have insight in this entire situation. It is called common sense. Common sense tells me that the only thing that would keep Kirk from visiting this recruit is the fact that he told Kirk he already committed elsewhere.

Kikr hasn't been recruiting this guy for years to suddenly pull out at the last second because of his father. He knew his father's behavior before yesterday, and that never stopped him before.

If we were 1st tier, we'd be able to recruit a long with Ohio State, USC, Florida, Alabama, and all the big time SEC schools.

Seems to me that we are doing just fine in competeing with the "Big time SEC" schools.....Took out Florida once(Almost twice),LSU, and SC. Almost took out TX, and Took out GT. I would say we are doing just fine. I think we would have played Alabama well, maybe not won, but still looked good. What people seem to forget is #1 the start rateing is BS, look at greenway, greene, and that little ol kicker out in SD. OH and Mr. Clark too.....

Would love to have Seantrel as a Hawkeye. Not so sure about his dad. After the JC drama and the Adam/Craig James drama, not really interested.
I wish him the best of luck, so long as his business doesnt interfere with our business.

Iowa is a 2nd tier program, there is no debating that ... in fact, I think it is freakin' awesome that we are able to have a 2nd tier program

1st tier = USC, OSU, UF, Mich, PSU, Alabama, ND, Texas, etc. (programs with some combination of decades of tradition, multiple national championships, huge alumni bases, ridiculous amounts of money from donors)

2nd tier = Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Tennessee, Auburn, Virginia Tech, etc. (programs that have less of most of the categories above, mostly due to smaller fan bases or less history of success than 1st tier) Nebraska's won a few NCs, so can we, nothing wrong with who we are, just realize that we have a natural and persistent disadvantage that we have to constant overcome to battle the 1st tier programs, and it makes it even more awesome when we do!

I'm glad KF passed on the in-home interview. Seantrel Henderson and his dad only want more teams to be interested in him and increase his value. It sounds to me like his dad is looking towards the NFL already so why wouldn't he want all the eyes he can get to be on his son. Iowa is better than that circus show, and that's why KF is the man in charge of keeping it that way.

This is no big deal. Alot of the highly touted recruits that have come to Iowa have not worked out. Our coaches are good at finding diamonds in the rough.

This thread is cracking me up. The last month it was all about how awesome it would be to get this guy. Then today it is all "He has too much baggage, we don't want him".

Hilarious.

I happen to have insight in this entire situation. It is called common sense. Common sense tells me that the only thing that would keep Kirk from visiting this recruit is the fact that he told Kirk he already committed elsewhere.

Kikr hasn't been recruiting this guy for years to suddenly pull out at the last second because of his father. He knew his father's behavior before yesterday, and that never stopped him before.

I don't necessarily go all in on this at the "common sense reason." KF has shown in the past that he will recruit a kid for as long as the kid has said he is interested as long as interest is mutual. I'm not sure he makes common practice of it but there have been occasions. It's hard to tell why but I trust KF didn't just flake out for no reason.

"Henderson has recorded a 17 on the ACT test and needs to raise that to 19 to qualify. He plans to take the test again Feb. 6. Henderson's father said if he maintains a B average in his core classes the rest of his senior year, he won't need to get a 19 on the ACT. But Henderson doesn't want to take that route.
"He wants to get that 19 on his own,'' Sean Henderson said. "We are keeping him on track (academically). He wants to show that.''"

Cretin-Derham Hall lineman Seantrel Henderson will name his college choice on Feb. 3 - TwinCities.com
Seriously a 17???? Don't you get a 15 just for putting your name on the exam? (although I would have problems spelling seantrel). Maybe I am naive, but what is the average ACT score of a typical DI player? I though I remember my school claiming the average ACT of a student there was 28 or 29.

Oh well....when Clayborn blows by him next year in IC and his national title dreams lay ruined on the turf of Kinnick...He'll rethink his decision...but...too late boy. We only want you if you want to be a Hawkeye. Say what you want about DJK's attitude...but the dude is a HARDCORE hawkeye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Seantrel....

Seriously a 17???? Don't you get a 15 just for putting your name on the exam? (although I would have problems spelling seantrel). Maybe I am naive, but what is the average ACT score of a typical DI player? I though I remember my school claiming the average ACT of a student there was 28 or 29.

Highest you can get on the ACT is 36. An average of 28-29 would be pretty amazing. Most people are excited about a 20 (practically guarantess college acceptance).

I am quite honestly not too worried about not getting SH. It is probably best for the team to get players that fit the system and know how to carry out individual assignments to help the team rather than get their faces on TV as much as possible. I found this on icanhascheezburger on the sports section....very fitting:
funny-sports-pictures-kirk-ferentz-iowa-hawkeyes-prima-donnas.jpg

I think we need to make a push to be Lane Kiffin's next coaching position, which could be as early as next year. Then we will be able to land these types of recruits...well for at least 1 class or 2.

KF obviously doesn't know what he is doing. I believe it's time for him to go.

We would never be able to land a coach THAT good.. we are a 2nd tier program;)

This is no big deal. Alot of the highly touted recruits that have come to Iowa have not worked out. Our coaches are good at finding diamonds in the rough.

I can't tell if you are serious or not.

For those of you who share this beleif, keep in mind that by my count, out BCS bowl winning team had 12 4 and 5 star recruits playing important roles.

Tell me again how it is not beneficial to recruit highly rated players.

You must of went to the smartest school in the country.

I have decided after this year to never question Kirk again. He knows what he is doing, WE do not. None of us have ever coached the Iowa Hawkeyes. Also, i remember the last time we had a great recruiting class with lots of blue chippers.....that didn't work out so well. So the diva SH can get the other colleges to jump through hoops and well take some 2 star kid and turn him into an all big 10 player. Go Hawks!!!

Latest posts