Ferentz Passes on Visit to Henderson

I know, it just goes to show that we're still a 2nd tier team. Sad if you ask me.

I dont think this is true - there is only going to be one team that gets this guy. Right now we cant compete with OSU and other big boys for the top top recruits but that doesnt mean we are 2nd tier. It means we arent to the top of the 1st tier yet

Plus, it didnt help that it seemed like SH and his dad wanted the spotlight and if you want the spotlight you dont come to Iowa.

Seantrals Dad: Before you come to visit I should let you know the USC program and it's boosters agreed to give us home, and use of a car, along with 1k spending a week. I've already spoken to some friends of the fOSU program and they have agreed to match that offer. I'll want to discuss this when you come to visit.

KF: Pass

I dont think this is true - there is only going to be one team that gets this guy. Right now we cant compete with OSU and other big boys for the top top recruits but that doesnt mean we are 2nd tier. It means we arent to the top of the 1st tier yet

Plus, it didnt help that it seemed like SH and his dad wanted the spotlight and if you want the spotlight you dont come to Iowa.
If we were 1st tier, we'd be able to recruit a long with Ohio State, USC, Florida, Alabama, and all the big time SEC schools.

I'm sure KF didnt pass on the meeting for no reason - he mustve found out that we didnt really have a shot and didnt want to waste his time.
I agree that he wouldn't decline the invite unless he had a really good reason. Since his dad has been such a big part of the process... does the name Craig James ring a bell?

I'm sure he wouldn't pass on Seantrel for no reason. It's not like it's: "We're right up there with the other teams to get this great, team changing player, and there's a real shot we could land the number 1 recruit in the nation, but I don't feel like going today, so let's just pass."

The only other team mentioning Henderson on their site is ND since Brian Kelly has a visit this week also. Think Kirk got wind of a possible decision already made and didn't want to waste either of their times?

what an ignorant statement.
It's ignorant? We're successful, but we're IMO not a 1st Tier team. We don't out recruit the big boys, we don't have top recruits swarming to get here.

In no way am I upset where we're at, I love how successful we are. We just cannot recruit with the big boys.

It's ignorant? We're successful, but we're IMO not a 1st Tier team. We don't out recruit the big boys, we don't have top recruits swarming to get here.

In no way am I upset where we're at, I love how successful we are. We just cannot recruit with the big boys.

And most likely this will never change - doesnt mean we are a 2nd tier team

Latest posts