Ferentz Passes on Visit to Henderson

I have decided after this year to never question Kirk again. He knows what he is doing, WE do not. None of us have ever coached the Iowa Hawkeyes. Also, i remember the last time we had a great recruiting class with lots of blue chippers.....that didn't work out so well. So the diva SH can get the other colleges to jump through hoops and well take some 2 star kid and turn him into an all big 10 player. Go Hawks!!!

Acctually, 5 seasons later, quite a few of those players contributed to a BCS win. Players like Moeaki, Stross, Richardson, Angerer, Eubanks, and Calloway.

You need top notch recruits to be a consistent winner in college FB - iowa is great at finding diamonds in the rough but that its not an easy thing to do year in and year out

It seems pretty obvious to me KF decided his time would be more wisely spent elsewhere. Head Coaches are only allowed a certain number of in home visits. SH's daddy said KF pulled out when SH announced he wouldn't be taking an official visit to the school. It's pretty easy to see what happened.

KF thought process was probably something like... If this kid won't take an official visit to my school then I probably don't have a real strong chance at signing him. I only get a certain number of in home visits, maybe I should use this visit on a kid who I feel I can have a higher impact on.

As others have mentioned it's really common sense.

Does anyone really question Ferentz ability to recruit and develop players? I think we will be just fine and I didn't for one reason question why he decided to pass. I assume those that believe this recruit brings drama and baggage would be correct. The last thing KF needs is a T.O. type time bomb! We'll have enough drama with the pre-season ranking hoopla next year! Go Hawks!

You must of went to the smartest school in the country.
You must not have.

You simply can't rag on somebody's post regarding ACT test scores and use language like "must of went."

Unless you're being sarcastic, of course. If you are, I apologize in advance.

I don't think anyone should should question Kirk's decision ... It does not make us a second tier program ... We already know that is not the case ... But we also know the history of Iowa football is not as flashy as OSU, USC and others ... But, we are simply that program that is just solid ... Not flashy ... Just come to work and get the job done, without all of the hype ... Sure, would we have liked to see this kid in an Iowa uniform? Absolutely ... But one recruit will not break a program ... Kirk knows what he is doing ... If indeed it is true that Kirk passed on the in-home visit then I think we can be rest-assured the Hawks were not in the final running ... In a situation like this you just sort of look at the kid and say: Your loss ... Iowa is his best bet for turning into a solid offensive lineman ... And the coaching staff has shown time and time again it can get linemen to the NFL ... As far as I am concerned, it is his loss ... Will he end up in the NFL? On paper ... yes ... But could he also be a bust?? yes ... You just never know ... The one thing we do know is his opportunity to reach his greatest level as a college offensive lineman may have just passed him by ...

I don't think anyone should should question Kirk's decision ... It does not make us a second tier program ... We already know that is not the case ... But we also know the history of Iowa football is not as flashy as OSU, USC and others ... But, we are simply that program that is just solid ... Not flashy ... Just come to work and get the job done, without all of the hype ... Sure, would we have liked to see this kid in an Iowa uniform? Absolutely ... But one recruit will not break a program ... Kirk knows what he is doing ... If indeed it is true that Kirk passed on the in-home visit then I think we can be rest-assured the Hawks were not in the final running ... In a situation like this you just sort of look at the kid and say: Your loss ... Iowa is his best bet for turning into a solid offensive lineman ... And the coaching staff has shown time and time again it can get linemen to the NFL ... As far as I am concerned, it is his loss ... Will he end up in the NFL? On paper ... yes ... But could he also be a bust?? yes ... You just never know ... The one thing we do know is his opportunity to reach his greatest level as a college offensive lineman may have just passed him by ...

This sounds like what a chubby girl tells her friends after she gets dumped.

"Henderson has recorded a 17 on the ACT test and needs to raise that to 19 to qualify. He plans to take the test again Feb. 6. Henderson's father said if he maintains a B average in his core classes the rest of his senior year, he won't need to get a 19 on the ACT. But Henderson doesn't want to take that route.
"He wants to get that 19 on his own,'' Sean Henderson said. "We are keeping him on track (academically). He wants to show that.''"

Cretin-Derham Hall lineman Seantrel Henderson will name his college choice on Feb. 3 - TwinCities.com

Man, when I went to Iowa you needed a 24 on your ACT or be in the top 25% of your class. Did that change?

I agree that is essential to have highly TALENTED players on your team. Not essentially highly rated players. Some of our "diamonds in the roughs" come from schools that don't get as much attention from recruiting experts or go to combines to get noticed. That's great, they still may be a great talent. And yes not all of the 4 and 5 star guys turn out to have star talent at the college level, but the odds of turning a 4 or 5 star into an All-American is greater than a 2 star.

Man, when I went to Iowa you needed a 24 on your ACT or be in the top 25% of your class. Did that change?

They have exceptions to those rules for people who excel in areas outside academics. So if you're a stud on the debate team or lights out on the snare drum or excellent athlete they can make a case that your worth admitting.

What the hell are you talking about? Don't you think that maybe the coaching staff goes after guys that fit the system or their needs? I am sure there is a reason why KF didn't go on the visit.

Who the F' cares if we can recruit with the big boys, on the field it shows that we CAN play with them and that's really all that matters.

What do you consider a 1st tier team? We have 4 top 8 finishes in the last 8 years.

Agreed. The recruiting "*" ranking system doesn't define programs. Performance and integrity do.

You must of went to the smartest school in the country.

well, my sig line says where I went to school. :)

"The mid-50% ACT composite score and math sub-score range for students offered direct admission to the CPHS was 27-31. These benchmarks represent students who have mastered skills at the level of students who tend to progress into the professional program"

Last edited:
So it turns out that Ferentz decided not to on his visit because Seantrel "didn't want to be a Hawkeye", and that he "wants the spotlight and all the fame and glory that a typical 5-star offensive lineman gets at OSU."

Sounds like SH and his daddy would be a perfect fit in the Brewster Circus appearing this fall in the bland hamlet known as Dinkytown.

Latest posts