Ferentz Could Be the Big Ten Coach of the Year

ChosenChildren

Most of the so-called "experts" picked Iowa to finish last in their division, with a consensus overall record of 4-8.

Jon Miller picked the Hawks to go 5-7.

And yet, eight games into the season, we are 5-3.

If Iowa goes 7-5, I say Ferentz gets coach of the year.

Is he a great game coach? I don't know.

But he does many things exceptionally well:

1. His kids play hard. They have high character and they graduate.
2. We make very few turnovers and play penalty-free football.
3. Our teams are strong and play tough.
4. The players seem to enjoy playing at Iowa.

I think he is a great coach and the perfect fit at Iowa. I also think Iowa will be much better next year (even with the loss of our LBs) and the year after.

Ferentz has one great run left in him. Watch it happen.

No chance in hell. Dantonio will get it with Urban Meyer second. KF won't register ... nor should he.

I think 7-5 would be an excellent outcome for this team. I don't think it would be enough for coach of the year, though.

Most of the so-called "experts" picked Iowa to finish last in their division, with a consensus overall record of 4-8.

Jon Miller picked the Hawks to go 5-7.

And yet, eight games into the season, we are 5-3.

If Iowa goes 7-5, I say Ferentz gets coach of the year.

Is he a great game coach? I don't know.

But he does many things exceptionally well:

1. His kids play hard. They have high character and they graduate.
2. We make very few turnovers and play penalty-free football.
3. Our teams are strong and play tough.
4. The players seem to enjoy playing at Iowa.

I think he is a great coach and the perfect fit at Iowa. I also think Iowa will be much better next year (even with the loss of our LBs) and the year after.

Ferentz has one great run left in him. Watch it happen.

No.

The only way Ferentz wins COTY is winning out and making the BIG Championship. Even then, if Meyer goes to the NC, he's going to win it.

I would say if some act of God, we win out, I could see potential. If that is the case, we lost to a salty MSU team, two potentially undefeated teams in NIU and tOSU...a lot of "if's".

The only way this happens is if Iowa wins the next four and finishes 9-3 and then upsets OSU in the BTCG and goes to the Rose Bowl at 10-3 (6-2). MSU would also have to fall flat and lose 2 possibly 3 games down the stretch. In other words highly unlikely.

The only way this happens is if Iowa wins the next four and finishes 9-3 and then upsets OSU in the BTCG and goes to the Rose Bowl at 10-3 (6-2). MSU would also have to fall flat and lose 2 possibly 3 games down the stretch. In other words highly unlikely.
MSU would have to lose three times, as they win the was to head tiebreaker with Iowa.

To be considered, Kirk needs 9-3.

If Minnesota goes 8-4. I'd expect Kill would get it. A lot of sympathy vote there too. Right now, I'd say Dantonio get's it. They look like the best team in the division and are playing a little better than expected. Iowa would have to win out or maybe go 3-1 for KF to get it. We're probably going to get two more wins.

MSU would have to lose three times, as they win the was to head tiebreaker with Iowa.

To be considered, Kirk needs 9-3.

What if MSU gets beat by Michigan and one other team, Iowa beats Michigan and they all finish 6-2? Who goes to the championship then? Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but just asking, because in that scenario there is no definitive tiebreaker.

The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:
a.If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
b.If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative. 1.The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other
2.The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division
3.The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, and 6)
4.The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5.The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big Ten regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of each other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big Ten Championship
6.The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7.The representative will be chosen by random draw.

Latest posts