Ferentz Comment on Willies

5e0fd8712eac2393f80f350c01ebbb74.970x714x1.jpg

I'm going to just go sit in the creek.

It was ME, I was the one who first started venting about taking a knee in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half during the 2011 season. After that, it was clear to me that they changed their ways. No doubt Kirk read my remarks and responded accordingly. Now they try to score before the half.

Wondering if the question itself is what provoked the Cap'n to be snarky. Jon just posted an illusion to the question, not the actual wording. Or did I miss it somewhere?

"A Willies question was asked in his presser. Here was his reply:"

I took his comment as a distaste for message board gossip (and by extension, fans who take part). So maybe not the ENTIRE fan base.

Not sure what was behind that comment otherwise.

At any rate, it sounded kind of snarky to me, but maybe things can come across differently in print than in person.

While there are certainly reasonable types on message boards, as a whole I don't have a problem with pretty much any coach ridiculing message boards. There is so much anonymous stupidity on boards of this nature that I just don't have a problem with the criticism. Additionally, whenever someone in the media quotes action on message boards in what is supposed to be a legitimate question of a coach, I just have to laugh. If they aren't smart enough to figure out a way to ask a question without referencing message boards, well, as a journalism major at Iowa, that is when I have to laugh.

Willies can move on down the road. He gone. Anyone on a message board worrying about him coming back need to get a f'n life. Kudos to KF

This guy doesn't get it. Your head is pretty deep in that sand isn't it?

You're right I don't get idiots on message boards worrying about a player that quit the team staying. Now I'm getting off this stupid board and I'll leave you to it Einstein.

You're right. I don't get idiots on message boards worrying about a player that quit the team staying. Now, I'm getting off this stupid board and I'll leave you to it, Einstein.

Several punctuation errors, but I have since corrected them. It's okay, I know you're using text to convey your message and the English language isn't important to folks of your high-and-mighty stature.

Latest posts