Ferentz Comment on Willies

This is one of those rare occasions that I like coach speak. Push this distraction to the background and move on.

This is one of those rare occasions that I like coach speak. Push this distraction to the background and move on.

Agree. Bigger fish to fry right now with the two most important games of the year. They can sort this out in December or after the bowl game.

A Willies question was asked in his presser. Here was his reply:

COACH FERENTZ: I got asked that earlier, and you've got to excuse me, I was working all day today. I haven't had a chance to get on the message boards and stuff. I'm really worried about getting our team, the guys on the team right now ready for this ballgame. That's where my thoughts are right now. We have another game coming up right afterwards. That's where my focus is.
I actually think this might be KF taking a shot at reporters rather than fans. There seems to be a lot of lazy reporters out there right now who believe that mining the message boards is "investigative journalism".

COACH FERENTZ: I got asked that earlier, and you've got to excuse me, I was working all day today. I haven't had a chance to get on the message boards and stuff. I'm really worried about getting our team, the guys on the team right now ready for this ballgame. That's where my thoughts are right now. We have another game coming up right afterwards. That's where my focus is.

I find it hilarious that their are hundreds of thousands of Iowa fans across the earth, and he takes a shot at the few hundred rabid ones like us on message boards.

Honestly, deep down I like it. Sometimes I'm convinced he doesn't even know "the crazy ones" exist.

I think it's pretty obvious that Kirk is just mad because the story got out, ruining his plan to secretly unleash Willies on Wisconsin.

Yeah not sure how KF can be criticized for this situation right now. How is he supposed to comment on a guy rejoining the team without the guy even talking to him yet. Hopefully there is a process whereby Willies joins the team in time for a bowl game/spring ball. You don't just say you're leaving and 4 weeks later say "I'm back" and proceed to go right to the field.

I would guess that if Willies were to return, it'd be for bowl practice, and there would be more or less zero chance that he plays. Heck, he maybe wouldn't even be allowed to go on the trip.

He'd open spring ball at the bottom of the depth chart, with an honest chance to work his way back up.

Hmm so kirk is a condescending ______ even after a win. Its really too bad that kirk has to deal with us stupid fans and pesky media just to make a buck. Poor kirk.

Its been a rumor for 24 hours. Odds are high that he has heard about it. Maybe hasn't seen DW's published comments but he isn't as dumb as he plays or as dumb as the haters say he is.

His comments to that question are similar to most of his presser responses: PC, play dumb, say a bunch of words, but don't really answer the question, give nothing away

The wonderful world of messageboards and social media in general. I hope things work out for Willies that are best for him and his family. If he wants to play again at Iowa, that will be between Kirk and Willies to map out what that might look like. Sure, I think it would be great to have Willies return, but right now this is not something Kirk will touch on for a few months ...

Am shocked that Kirk is aware of these "message boards" to begin with. With the proliferation of these social media devices and the intranet thing that he claims he has no idea about how he is aware of this site is beyond me. Of course he never reads any newspapers or websites either….

This actually makes complete sense to me. When you consider that Kurt can't handle both clock management and game management on Saturdays....of course he won't be able to prepare for a game AND deal with a player possibly returning.

Some of you ask way too much from the Ol' Captain. Shame on you all.

Am shocked that Kirk is aware of these "message boards" to begin with. With the proliferation of these social media devices and the intranet thing that he claims he has no idea about how he is aware of this site is beyond me. Of course he never reads any newspapers or websites either….

Yes, he is more aware of what is being written about him than he lets on. Additionally those that think message board posters are just a handful of all the Iowa fans, that to me is crazy. With all the sites out there and all the hawk fans across the nation and world, there is no doubt more fans frequent these sites than attend games in kinnick. It is just easier to be louder on the internets as a fan!

This actually makes complete sense to me. When you consider that Kurt can't handle both clock management and game management on Saturdays....of course he won't be able to prepare for a game AND deal with a player possibly returning.

Some of you ask way too much from the Ol' Captain. Shame on you all.

"Hey guys as you all know, Derrick had some family issues and chose to leave the team. Well now his dad decided to move to IC so that he can stay here. Now that everyone is up to speed lets get back to work."

I honestly don't know how Kirk will fit that 10 second conversation in without completely ruining any chance we have to win this week.

Yes, he is more aware of what is being written about him than he lets on. Additionally those that think message board posters are just a handful of all the Iowa fans, that to me is crazy. With all the sites out there and all the hawk fans across the nation and world, there is no doubt more fans frequent these sites than attend games in kinnick. It is just easier to be louder on the internets as a fan!

Wrong. He only knows about things that happened prior to 1982.

So does this mean we can take credit for some of the changes we've seen in KF this season. :)

tumblr_inline_mwakotcaYv1rz6d15.gif

Latest posts