Ferentz Coaching

ConradHawkeye

So I don't want to open this bag of worms again but I can't help but notice that Ferentz hasn't been linked, assumed, rumored, or otherwise mentioned in relation to any NFL jobs yet this year...is it too early or is it possible that the NFL and the media has finally decided that he's not leaving Iowa anytime soon? I know Fox thinks he's staying at Iowa because he somehow lacks "ambition." I guess that means that Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden also "lacked ambition." I'll take 50 years of success over ambition any day of the week!

I'm assuming that after nine years of getting their noses rubbed into the fact they're always wrong the media has just given up on naming Ferentz as a candidate. However, do remember his name was kicked around for the ND job earlier in December.

So I don't want to open this bag of worms again but I can't help but notice that Ferentz hasn't been linked, assumed, rumored, or otherwise mentioned in relation to any NFL jobs yet this year...is it too early or is it possible that the NFL and the media has finally decided that he's not leaving Iowa anytime soon? I know Fox thinks he's staying at Iowa because he somehow lacks "ambition." I guess that means that Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden also "lacked ambition." I'll take 50 years of success over ambition any day of the week!

i guess KF and agent didn't need any bargaining chip, or maybe the U of I didn't do the OB on the cheap this time......

Yea right it's KF and his agent starting all these rumors to get more money.He's trying to build something for the long haul and were getting the right recruits.He's staying.

I'm assuming that after nine years of getting their noses rubbed into the fact they're always wrong the media has just given up on naming Ferentz as a candidate. However, do remember his name was kicked around for the ND job earlier in December.

When has the media ever gotten tired about being wrong about anything? Remember how they called OJ's great getaway in the white Bronco a high-speed chase for a couple of days, then suddenly started calling it a low-speed chase without admitting that it was inaccurate to call it a high-speed chase when it was obvious to anyone with an I.Q. over 70 that it was anything but?

Remember when the US invaded Iraq and media was in near-panic because they decided the supply line was stretched way too thin and the operation was going to end in unmitigated disaster? And then when the operation became a resounding success they suddenly started reporting about how awesome the US military might was without stopping to admit that they were certainly wrong about the supply line.

No, the media never tires of being wrong, as long as they are wrong in a sensationistic manner then all is right in their little world.

I've gotten a lot of amusement over the years from listening to postgame interviews live on the radio and then watch ESPN and the AP etc. do a hatchet job on the quotes to make the words fit the agenda of the person doing the reporting. I especially loved watching what the media would do with the words of Bob Knight, often times taking them so far out of context that they would make it look like he said the exact opposite of what he actually said.

That's it for my rant, sorry, you hit a raw nerve.

Latest posts