Favre... Won't this guy just be done?

Maybe he wants to see if he has one more season-ending interception in him.

It was a matter of time; I'm amazed that he didnt' cost them a game before then. That it came in the same fashion as it did in Green Bay made it that much sweeter.

He won't be done because he still wants to play. Can't fault the guy for wanting to still work. Particularly if he can still do it well.

The man is the biggest drama queen I've ever seen.

The whole world knew he wasn't going to attend training camp....why go thru the charade? Anything to be the center of attention. He couldn't use the story of his daughter tearfully begging him to "come back and win a Super Bowl" again....so this time 3 teammates fly down to "beg" him to return.

What a pile of horse manure.

I sincerely hope he fails miserably this year..then maybe he'll go away permanently. But unfortunately I don't this his inflated ego will allow it.

IMO it doesn't matter because Green Bay is a better team anyways. Minnesota will be fighting off the Falcons, Eagles, and 49ers for a wild card berth, which they should get.

Favre seems to be bigger than the team and bigger than the league at this point. He had a great year last year and I am not sure he can play like that again. Teams are gonna blitz the hell out of him and keep hitting him over and over again like the Saints.

If it were not for Favre, Packer fans would be commenting how they "have not had a great QB since Bart Starr" W/O Favre, the Packers do not win a Super Bowl..Hell w/o Favre, the Packers probably would still be mired in mediocrity

but really... isnt the media the ones that hype this thing up every year and stir up all the drama... favre isnt out causing a scene about it. the media just blows it up every year. atleast brett's a good guy and a role model to kids. he doesnt beat his wife. he doesnt kill dogs. he doesnt have owi's, hes not out partying all night. the guy busts his butt every year and people hate him for it...
like him or not, he's great. and he's a great competitor

IMO it doesn't matter because Green Bay is a better team anyways. Minnesota will be fighting off the Falcons, Eagles, and 49ers for a wild card berth, which they should get.

Can you state the logic in how GB is better? You mean the same Green bay that has lost 3 straight to the Vikings?

If it were not for Favre, Packer fans would be commenting how they "have not had a great QB since Bart Starr" W/O Favre, the Packers do not win a Super Bowl..Hell w/o Favre, the Packers probably would still be mired in mediocrity

I disagree. Reggie White had more to do with the Packers winning the Super Bowl than Brett Favre.

How many Super Bowls has Favre won since 1996?

Brett Favre puts up big numbers and makes great plays....but he is brain-dead in the football smarts department at crunch time in the playoffs. By crunch time I mean a playoff game where Favre's team is within a score to either win or tie, in the closing minutes, with the ball in his hands. Let's look at the record:

1. 2003 Season Wild Card...Detroit. The Packers are down 24-21. With 55 seconds left in regulation, Favre heaves a 40 yard bomb to a wide-open Sterling Sharpe that the Lions for some inexplicable reason left wide open. Win.

2. 1997 Season Super Bowl...Denver. Down 31-24 with 1:45 left in regulation, Favre got to Packers to the Denver 35 yard line before throwing incomplete passes on second, third and fourth down. Loss.

3. 2003 Season Division Playoff...Philadelphia. Green Bay has the ball in overtime. Favre throws a wounded duck that is intercepted. The Eagles score on the ensuiring drive and win. Loss.

4. 2007 Season NFC Championship...NY Giants. Green Bay (at home) has the ball in overtime. Brett Favre makes an ill-advised pass that is intercepted. Giants score on the ensuing drive and go on to the Super Bowl. Loss.

5. 2009 Season NFC Championship...New Orleans. Game tied 28-28, Brett Favre makes a poor, ill-advised throw that is intercepted in the closing seconds of regulation. Saints win in overtime. Loss.

So....in five "crunch time" playoff games Favre's record is 1-4. That is a 20% success rate. Three of those losses came after poor throws by Favre that were intercepted. This is why Brett Favre is not even a Top 5 All-Time great QB. Give my guys like Starr, Marino or Elway...guys that knew how to MANAGE a game...not a gunslinger who tries for the big play all the time.

I disagree. Reggie White had more to do with the Packers winning the Super Bowl than Brett Favre.

How many Super Bowls has Favre won since 1996?

Brett Favre puts up big numbers and makes great plays....but he is brain-dead in the football smarts department at crunch time in the playoffs. By crunch time I mean a playoff game where Favre's team is within a score to either win or tie, in the closing minutes, with the ball in his hands. Let's look at the record:

1. 2003 Season Wild Card...Detroit. The Packers are down 24-21. With 55 seconds left in regulation, Favre heaves a 40 yard bomb to a wide-open Sterling Sharpe that the Lions for some inexplicable reason left wide open. Win.

2. 1997 Season Super Bowl...Denver. Down 31-24 with 1:45 left in regulation, Favre got to Packers to the Denver 35 yard line before throwing incomplete passes on second, third and fourth down. Loss.

3. 2003 Season Division Playoff...Philadelphia. Green Bay has the ball in overtime. Favre throws a wounded duck that is intercepted. The Eagles score on the ensuiring drive and win. Loss.

4. 2007 Season NFC Championship...NY Giants. Green Bay (at home) has the ball in overtime. Brett Favre makes an ill-advised pass that is intercepted. Giants score on the ensuing drive and go on to the Super Bowl. Loss.

5. 2009 Season NFC Championship...New Orleans. Game tied 28-28, Brett Favre makes a poor, ill-advised throw that is intercepted in the closing seconds of regulation. Saints win in overtime. Loss.

So....in five "crunch time" playoff games Favre's record is 1-4. That is a 20% success rate. Three of those losses came after poor throws by Favre that were intercepted. This is why Brett Favre is not even a Top 5 All-Time great QB. Give my guys like Starr, Marino or Elway...guys that knew how to MANAGE a game...not a gunslinger who tries for the big play all the time.

Did you even watch this game? The Vikings were lucky to even be in the game and without Favre they got killed. He played lights out besides one play.

Did you even watch this game? The Vikings were lucky to even be in the game and without Favre they got killed. He played lights out besides one play.

That's just it....except for "that one play". Did you read my post? That is the norm for him, not the exception. What good does it do to play well the whole game...and then make a stupid decision at the end?

That's just it....except for "that one play". Did you read my post? That is the norm for him, not the exception. What good does it do to play well the whole game...and then make a stupid decision at the end?

You named 5 plays out of thousands, big deal. He has a SB win and numerous MVPs, LOL.

No QB is perfect, your point does not even make sense basically. You could pick 20 plays in that game that cost them. Favre is the only thing that even kept the game close. Take him away and they get rolled. Take him away and they were not even in that game.

Favre will go down as one of the best ever to play the game. You obviously dont like but it does not change the fact he is still one of the best ever to play QB, end of story.

That is most likely true but there is no way to ever know. Favre was absolutely loved by all Packer fans including me. But the last 3-4 years have really wore on Packer fans including large amount of fan bases of other teams. Its not just the Packer fans that are tired of his games.

You named 5 plays out of thousands, big deal. He has a SB win and numerous MVPs, LOL.

No QB is perfect, your point does not even make sense basically. You could pick 20 plays in that game that cost them. Favre is the only thing that even kept the game close. Take him away and they get rolled. Take him away and they were not even in that game.

Favre will go down as one of the best ever to play the game. You obviously dont like but it does not change the fact he is still one of the best ever to play QB, end of story.

Never said he wasn't a great passer. But he is not one of the Top 5 "quarterbacks". That belongs to guys like Graham, Starr, Montana, Elway. Guys who usually came thru in the clutch in the big games. Brett Favre hasn't done that. That is a FACT as I've shown.

You obviously have a different definition of what makes an all-time great QB. Yes, Favre is one of the all-time greats...but he barely cracks the Top 10 in my book.

You say "Favre is the only thing that even kept that game close" (referring to the Saints game...cause it sure wasn't the case in all the others I mentioned). Maybe so....but when crunch time came around...Favre came up short. Situations that made legends out of Montana, Elway, Starr etc.....and Favre fails. Not once...not twice...not thrice...but four times out of five.

END OF STORY.

Latest posts