Favre... Won't this guy just be done?

It was all orchestrated...don't kid yourself otherwise.

It is funny how Favre decides to come back as soon as training camp is over. Pretty much one year to the day since last year when he decided to play as soon as training camp was over. Last year it was because his daughter tearfully pleaded with him to come back. Now it is 3 teammates going down to bring him back.

Bottom line is: Favre was planning on playing all along. He didn't want to go to training camp but didn't want to publicly admit it and the Vikings didn't want to publicly admit they were giving him preferential treatment.....hence the game-playing and dramatics. This is two years in a row now....way too much of a coincidence to think otherwise.

I have no doubt in my mind that he was planning on coming back and just did not want to go to camp. I dont have a problem with that because it seems that none of his teammates have a problem with it.

If it were to cause issues inside the locker room then I woul feel differently about it.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Favre set to make 13 mil this year and after word got out that he was retiring the Vikings made him an offer of 20 mil to come back? If true im glad to see that he is not playing for the $$$

Another bitter Packer fan. Why does it matter to you how much the Vikings are paying him? Time to let it go. You should be more worried about your teams defense that gave up 51 last year in a playoff game and quit worrying about what is going on with Favre.

He said this really is his last year. Really. I really mean it this time. Really
Or maybe he will go play for Holmgren at Cleveland....for one more year. $20 million doesn't make any difference, just loves to play the game

Or maybe he will go play for Holmgren at Cleveland....for one more year. $20 million doesn't make any difference, just loves to play the game

That would not surprise me one bit. Or......he'll "retire" and then come back mid-season to play for some contender who is either struggling or who's QB has gotten hurt.

Why in the hell do you people care? This is his life he can do what he wants, you people are worse then old women who buys gossip magazines and pass judgment on celebrities.

Actually on further consideration, I don't think Favre will be playing for Holmgren next season...because he can't lead Holmgren around by the nose like he does Childress. Favre is too used to doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants...no way does he go back to having to participate in such mundane things as training camp, and being held accountable for his mistakes.

Why in the hell do you people care? This is his life he can do what he wants
Hey, it's a discussion forum. No one probably stresses in their daily life about this, it just makes for interesting debate until the season starts.

Of course he can do what he wants with his life. But when you reach a certain level of importance, you need to understand that your attitudes and decisions can have a significant impact on a large number of people. It seems pretty clear that Favre just wanted to avoid training camp. The Viking players (other than maybe Jackson & Rosenfels) seem to be OK with this...for now. If the Vikes start out slow and Favre is having trouble dealing with blitzes, there will be some grumbling. Some may suggest that his lack of presence in camp is the cause.

Latest posts