Favorite Fullback

Jerk44

Mine has to be Edgar Cervantes. That dude was a beast..... One of the most effective fullbacks we've had, I don't know his stats.... but I envied him and liked watching that man play

Edgar Cervantes no doubt...first guy that came to mind...he was a brute...used to hear Ed and dolph call his name ALL the time...seems like we don't use our FB as much in running game anymore.

My vote for Paul Kajawa, since I've met him in the business world and I like saying the name. Runner up Norm Granger.

Kent Kahl.

In 1994 he was the lead blocker for Sederick Shaw's 1,000 yard season, led the team in rushing TD's with 9, averaged about 5.5 ypc, and was voted the team MVP.

I think he was the best FB in the B10 that year, and that's saying something because Mike Alstott was at Purdue at the time.

Jeremy Allen

Best athlete we have had in a Long time at that position, and that is saying something.

Kent Kahl.

In 1994 he was the lead blocker for Sederick Shaw's 1,000 yard season, led the team in rushing TD's with 9, averaged about 5.5 ypc, and was voted the team MVP.

I think he was the best FB in the B10 that year, and that's saying something because Mike Alstott was at Purdue at the time.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers him. For whatever reason, his name never seems to come up in conversations about Hawkeye teams/players of the past. He was a very good ball carrier.

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers him. For whatever reason, his name never seems to come up in conversations about Hawkeye teams/players of the past. He was a very good ball carrier.

I remember a game he had in 1994 that I watched from the student section. (I think it was Iowa Michigan State) We were down a touchdown in the 4th and we drove the whole field for the go ahead touchdown and he carried the ball on almost every play. He ran this little Belly play about 5 times in a row and just would not be stopped.

It was a great individual effort by him, and a terrific example of "Scratch Where it Itches".

I've been looking for that box score forever but can't seem to find it.

Honestly, I think Morse belongs in the team pictures of the best fullbacks in modern Iowa football history. Very dependable, good blocker,smart, good hands,and decent runner when he gets it. 4 years of solid play...

John Nocera and Don Horn...only because most of you are too young to remember them...so I win the prize!

Go Hawks!

What about Rodney Filer? That guy probably could have been a tailback with his gifts...and if we didnt have Shaw and Banks back there! He was super-legit until he got injured.

Kent Kahl.

This was my answer as well. Dude was ridiculously strong.

Latest posts