Favorite Football Game?

Just bored and killing time today and got to thinking, what is your personal favorite football game? I would have to go with Penn State in 08. Freezing cold, but gosh dang it was sooooo worth it in the end!

Definitely the cap one bowl. The whole week leading up to the game was great my dad and I stayed down there the whole week did a lot of fun things then the game itself was amazing. Just a fun game to watch then at the end went from an extreme low thinking we were going to lose to pure elation after "The Catch" was made. Walking out of that stadium was amazing I even ran into Mo Brown on the way out.

Just bored and killing time today and got to thinking, what is your personal favorite football game? I would have to go with Penn State in 08. Freezing cold, but gosh dang it was sooooo worth it in the end!

Favorite Games I saw in person:

2004 vs OSU
2004 vs Wisky
2005 Cap One Bowl
2008 @ Minnesota
2009 vs Michigan

Favorite Games I watched on TV:

2002 vs Purdue
2002 @ Michigan
2003 vs Michigan
2003 @ Wisconsin (A forgotten classic in most Hawk fans minds IMHO)
2004 Outback Bowl
2004 @ Penn State
2005 @ Wisconsin
2008 Penn State
2009 @ Penn State
2009 @ Michigan State
2010 Orange Bowl

Favorite game in person was 2009 @ Michigan State. Cold, wet, defensive batte with a rollercoaster ride of emtions and suspense. Makes it oh so sweet having your team win on the road on the last play of the game when 98% of the people there don't like you and cant believe what just happend.

All-time, probably Iowa-Michigan State from 1985. Just a sensational, back-and-forth, thoroughly entertaining game with a great, classic ending that saved our ***** as the #1 team in the country and set up probably my 2nd favorite game ever, the clash with #2 Michigan, the very next week. (Might have had a bye the next week, and Mich was the week after, either way).

My top 3 of the KF era would be the 6-4 game at PSU, the Indiana game in 2009 when we were undefeated and were looking at certain defeat before the crazy pick 6 by myself and then the incredible 4th Q, and then the 2008 PSU game.

Favorite game I have been to was the 2008 game vs Purdue.

Favorite games on TV:
2008 vs Minnesota (never have I enjoyed a butt whipping of Minnesota more)
2008 vs Penn State (taking down the overrated and undefeated Lions)
2009 vs Penn State (shutting them up in their own house after how they bragged it was going to be a score-fest)
2004 vs Ohio State
2002 vs Michigan
1996 Alamo Bowl vs TTU (Byron Hanspard came in as a 2000 yard rusher and Iowa held him to 64 yards; Sedrick Shaw was the best RB on the field that night)
1996 vs Penn State (Damien Robinson rings Curtis Enis' bell)
1995 Sun Bowl vs Washington
1987 Holiday Bowl vs Wyoming (Merton Hanks blocks a punt, a FG and has an interception)
1986 Holiday Bowl vs SDSU (if there ever was a thriller, this was it)

Your favorite game is a loss, and a particularly painful one, at that?

Yep, after your program has been down for a long time it's a very good step when the losses are painful again. I knew it was a sign of good things to come.

When's the last time Iowa basketball had a painful loss? Northwestern St?

The best game I've been to was the Iowa/Wisconsin game. Yeah, the ending sucked but the game was exciting and the fans were amazing.

The best game I've seen on tv was the Cap One bowl in 2005. The 2009 MSU/Iowa game sucked until about 2 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

The first Iowa game I ever went to was vs. Tulsa in '97; Tavian Banks set the school rushing record that day. Despite the loss, I loved getting to attend the '06 Alamo Bowl. I ran track in high school with Andy Brodell, so being there for his coming out party was cool. It's too bad his legs didn't hold up, or he would probably be in the NFL right now.

My favorite games on TV were MSU '09, Minnesota '02, '05 Cap One Bowl, and the '10 Orange Bowl.

My favorite non-Iowa game in person was Baylor-TCU this year. My favorite non-Iowa game on TV was the '06 Rose Bowl (Texas over USC with VY).

Michigan 2002. I was fortunate enough to be at that one. It was amazing to witness how quiet 108,000 Mighigan fans could be and how loud about 3000 Iowa fans could be at the end.

97' vs Tulsa
02' vs Purdue
03' vs Michigan
07' vs Illinois
08' vs Penn State
08' vs Minnesota
09' vs Northern Iowa
09' vs Michigan
09' vs Indiana (Crazy game)
10' vs Georgia Tech Orange Bowl
and even though it was a loss, it was great beyond belief atmosphere in 06 vs Ohio State with Gameday there

Favorites i've witnessed

90' @ Minnesota - warned Iowa for excessive crowd noise. 75% hawk fans.
91' @ Ohio State - stripped the decals off the helmets and kicked some ***
95' @ Michigan State - Shaw broke ankles and wrecked benches > 200 yards
95' Sun Bowl - destroyed Pac10 co champ Washington
97' @ Michigan - up 21-7 at half after Timmy Dwights punt return for td
00' Michigan State - Ferentz's first B1G win
02' Purdue - glad i stayed:D
02' @ Minnesota - domination and the complete circus afterwords
02' Orange Bowl - most Iowa fans I've ever seen at on the road. goosebumps.
05' Michigan - had huge home winning streak at the time
05' Cap 1 - hugged and high five'd complete strangers
09' @ Penn State - rained the entire day, but warmed up mightily in the 4th

Latest posts