Farley bails out Clowns

koralakers

Outgained most of game. Outmanned against superior team, has chance to win game on road with one play, but opts to boot extra point. EVERY FCS coach goes for 2 there against heavily favored FBS team. Unreal and gutless

Really? They damn near held them if not for a half-step on the fumble.

ISU's O struggled mightily all game (the safety was just a hair slow on the 1st OT TD).

That was the right call IMO, ball.just bounced the other way.

Outgained most of game. Outmanned against superior team, has chance to win game on road with one play, but opts to boot extra point. EVERY FCS coach goes for 2 there against heavily favored FBS team. Unreal and gutless

I think you go for two if you feel there was a change in momentum or it was slipping away but every score UNI put on the board gave them a chance to win. They get that fumble recovery and game over, isu kicker had already missed, if he misses another game over. Hurt to have his all-American TE out and I am sure that affected the play calling

That face the UNI coach made at the end of the game is one where he had already gotten the win in his heart. Me, I like actually winning better.

I think you go for two if you feel there was a change in momentum or it was slipping away but every score UNI put on the board gave them a chance to win. They get that fumble recovery and game over, isu kicker had already missed, if he misses another game over. Hurt to have his all-American TE out and I am sure that affected the play calling
True on all accounts, but when you got one play to get 2 yards to beat a top 20 FBS team, you CANT play for the tie there. OldKirk move there. I thought for sure, after the long review, they would march offense out there. When you are severely outmanned you have to go for win instead of not to lose

ISU outgained UNI by 201 yards! UNI was very lucky to have chance to win. Why they kicked extra point instead of going for 2 is ludicrous

ISU outgained UNI by 201 yards! UNI was very lucky to have chance to win. Why they kicked extra point instead of going for 2 is ludicrous
No it’s not.

There’s s better chance that UNI’s defense stops them (and they had a chance tonwith the ball on the ground)

Than UNI’s offense making a 2-pt conversion against that defense.

I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk decision to kick the one and try the 3OT but it’s not ludicrous and gutless like you’re making it to be.

That face the UNI coach made at the end of the game is one where he had already gotten the win in his heart. Me, I like actually winning better.
That’s the face where he’s telling Campbell that he got away with one.

If you think Farley is happy about not winning then you’re not very bright

No it’s not.

There’s s better chance that UNI’s defense stops them (and they had a chance tonwith the ball on the ground)

I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk decision to kick the one and try the 3OT but it’s not ludicrous and gutless like you’re making it to be.
If you present that identical scenario to 100 FCS coaches, playing a top 20 FBS team on the road, 99 go for the 1-play to get 2 yards to win (about a 50/50 prop). No one plays for another OT. Especially when outgained by 200 yds.

No it’s not.

Have to disagree here. Iowa State ability to run the ball was more pronounced then their defense to stop northern Iowa. It turned out nearly working out with the fumble. But succeeding in one short yard gain versus stopping Iowa State in three plays, I would put my money on the 2pt conversion.

If you present that identical scenario to 100 FCS coaches, playing a top 20 FBS team on the road, 99 go for the 1-play to get 2 yards to win (about a 50/50 prop). No one plays for another OT. Especially when outgained by 200 yds.
No. Not even close. Maybe 60 coaches.

It’s less than a 50-50 play.
The odds go down further against that defense.
And especially with a freshman QB.

Have to disagree here. Iowa State ability to run the ball was more pronounced then their defense to stop northern Iowa. It turned out nearly working out with the fumble. But succeeding in one short yard gain versus stopping Iowa State in three plays, I would put my money on the 2pt conversion.
Then we disagree.

Really? They damn near held them if not for a half-step on the fumble.

ISU's O struggled mightily all game (the safety was just a hair slow on the 1st OT TD).

That was the right call IMO, ball.just bounced the other way.
I'm far from a rules expert, but on that fumble on the goal line. I thought you can't fumble forward for a first down. Should it have been marked 4th and 1 and a half?

I'm far from a rules expert, but on the goal line fumble. I thought you can't fumble forward for a first down. Should it have been 4th and a yard and a half?
I THINK that rule only applies on FOURTH DOWN. To keep runners, when getting stopped short, with change of possession pending, from just 'throwing' the ball forward, giving a chance for a recovery and first down

True on all accounts, but when you got one play to get 2 yards to beat a top 20 FBS team, you CANT play for the tie there. OldKirk move there. I thought for sure, after the long review, they would march offense out there. When you are severely outmanned you have to go for win instead of not to lose
They weren’t outmanned based on the game i saw

Personally, I was shocked to see UNI not go for 2. Nothing to lose and might as well try to steal one as an FCS school on the road.

Personally, I was shocked to see UNI not go for 2. Nothing to lose and might as well try to steal one as an FCS school on the road.
I was, too. I thought he would.

But UNI wasn’t going to run the ball.

UNI had real problems all game getting open when ISU only rushed 3 with a spy on the QB.

ISU probably rushes 3 with a blitz and then Spears spying. the condensed field makes coverage “easier”. The % in converting is very low.