Farley bails out Clowns

Look, I feel like regardless of the circumstance of who you are playing, where, and whose the underdog, the tying team should always go for 2 in the second overtime.

There is an appreciable and statistical advantage to the team possessing the ball second. You know what you have to do, and you know (if the other team scored a TD on its drive) that you have four downs on every series to get a first or score. That is a huge advantage. The team possessing first has to play much more conservatively.

Thus, at the end of the second OT, you know that kicking and tying necessarily puts you back in a disadvantaged status because you will get the ball first in the 3rd OT. That clear disadvantage outweighs the 50/50 nature of the 2 point conversion. You should go for 2 every time at the end of the second OT. Not even a close call to me.

It turned out exactly the way the math suggested it should.....

It ALMOST worked for UNI, but the STATISTIC AL play there is to go for 2. No doubt about it. Especially factoring in on road against top 25 team from Football division above you.

It ALMOST worked for UNI, but the STATISTIC AL play there is to go for 2. No doubt about it. Especially factoring in on road against top 25 team from Football division above you.
Yea I probably would have gone for 2. That being said Farley is a very fine coach. He has taken not only ISU but Iowa to the wire more than once with a whole lot less talent!

I saw it as damned if you do/damned if you don't.

If you don't go for it, you're questioned why you wouldn't seize the opportunity to knock off a ranked FBS opponent on the road.

If you go for it and don't make it, you're questioned why you go for it when your team hasn't been able to move the ball on the ground, and the defense has been putting your QB under pressure most of the game, and especially in the 2nd half/OT.

His defense had been holding their own against us as well. When your offense only puts up 13 points, but your defense holds a ranked team to 13 points, you bet with your defense and kick the PAT.