Fantasy Football - Shonn Greene

Hawkeyenthechi

I'll be taking Greene with the 11th pick in my draft. I think he's gonna be a beast - like Turner in 2008. I'm also hopeful I'll get Dallas with my 4th round pick. DJK and McNutt could end up being two more decent fantasy picks when they make the jump to Sundays.

You're taking a defense that early? I will pick Shonn up late in the 2nd if he's available, but i can't pick him in the first round.

I was reading SN today, and they had Greene ranked 13th or 14th among fantasy players, but that he wouldn't warrant a first round pick because of LT being on the Jets.

They have LT ranked at 94.

If your league doesn't give points for receptions, then 11 sounds right. LT is done. He'll be a third-down back. Jones put up big numbers last year, and he is less talented than Greene.

I was reading SN today, and they had Greene ranked 13th or 14th among fantasy players, but that he wouldn't warrant a first round pick because of LT being on the Jets.

They have LT ranked at 94.

Well I could take him with the 14th pick in the 2nd round but I don't want another guy to grab him. Greene is going to get 2 touches to L.T.'s one. Not worried about the time share. Greene did pretty decent for the hawks in 2008 even though he was splitting carries with Hampton.

Well I could take him with the 14th pick in the 2nd round but I don't want another guy to grab him. Greene is going to get 2 touches to L.T.'s one. Not worried about the time share. Greene did pretty decent for the hawks in 2008 even though he was splitting carries with Hampton.

Oh, I don't play fantasy football at all, I was just skimming through the article and thought that it was kind of funny.

i got the 2nd pick in mine was thinking of taking peterson or johnson

Ya that's a no brainer. Things get a little rough at the end of the 1st round. All the top flight rbs are off the board. You're almost forced to go wr or qb. I'll go Greene then probably Desean Jackson or another top wr.

I am in a keeper league, and I drafted Shonn in the 12th round last year. So you are saying I should make him one of my three keepers, huh? ;)

Who else should I keep? I am having a VERY difficult time deciding...

Here are my options (these are the rounds I have previously drafted these players in the past few years, so I get to 'keep' them in that round if I want, but only 3 guys):

Pierre Thomas- 16th round
Brett Favre- 13th round
Rashard Mendenhall- 11th round
DeAngelo Williams- 10th round
Randy Moss- 5th round
Reggie Wayne-4th round

I am in a keeper league, and I drafted Shonn in the 12th round last year. So you are saying I should make him one of my three keepers, huh? ;)

Here are my options (these are the rounds I have previously drafted these players in the past few years, so I get to 'keep' them in that round if I want, but only 3 guys):

Brett Favre- 13th round
Randy Moss- 5th round
Reggie Wayne-4th round

You're right, tough call. I would go Mendenhall and Moss, my logic behind it would be Williams will lose some carries to Jonathon Stewart and I love Wayne but there about 10,000 receivers in Indy it seems like.

It's not the QUANTITY of carries that LT gets, it's the QUALITY. His days as an elite every-down back are behind him. But he was always an elite goal-line back, and still has a nose for the endzone. If he takes away some goal-line carries, that's going to affect Greene's stock quite a bit. At least enough to drop him out of 1st round consideration.

Brett Favre- 13th round
Randy Moss- 5th round
Reggie Wayne-4th round

I'd keep Mendenhall, Greene and Moss or Wayne

It's not the QUANTITY of carries that LT gets, it's the QUALITY. His days as an elite every-down back are behind him. But he was always an elite goal-line back, and still has a nose for the endzone. If he takes away some goal-line carries, that's going to affect Greene's stock quite a bit. At least enough to drop him out of 1st round consideration.

Do you honestly think L.T. Is a better goal line rb than Greene. Maybe 5 years ago but not today. Forth and an inch with one second on the clock - I'm going Greene baby!

Do you honestly think L.T. Is a better goal line rb than Greene. Maybe 5 years ago but not today. Forth and an inch with one second on the clock - I'm going Greene baby!

He's still a very good goalline back, and there's not a lot else that he brings to the table anymore. So I'm left to conclude that he is going to get some of the goalline carries, whether Greene is better or not. They aren't paying LT to do nothing.

There are twelve teams in my fantasy league. I can not use a pick in my top 4 rounds on Shonn. If he is alive when my draft gets to pick number 50, and I'm up, I'll pick him. But Fox Sports has him rated number 24 preseason, so I doubt he'll be available. I assume 8 RB's will go in the first round. If I can draft Ray Rice, I'll feel happy. If I can get Cedric Benson in round two, I'll take him. I have Shonn even with Beenie Wells of Arizona, and Ronnie Brown of Miami. I think the Jets will use Ladamian equally with with Shonn in the red zone, probably cutting Shonn's TD opportunities in half. With one TD equalling 60 rushing yards, in my league, that's too strong a disincentive. I would take Benson before Shonn, because I think the Bengals will feed him the ball. I'd probably take Beenie before Shonn, for the same reason, season long. But I would clearly take Shonn before a Ricky Williams, Tim Hightower, or CJ Spiller, other backs who will share ball carrying duties.

Brett Favre- 13th round
Randy Moss- 5th round
Reggie Wayne-4th round

I would keep Mendenhall and Favre to go with Greene. Because let's be honest, do you really think Favre is not going to play this year? Even if he doesn't, it's your 13th round pick, and you don't give up your 4th or 5th round pick on a WR.
Unless you really think Reggie Wayne is worthy then I would keep him over Moss, especially if the leage is PPR. Likely you would draft another QB before the 13th round so Favre would be your backup. If he is any good this year he's excellent trade bait. You could even pick up T-Jack late in the event Favre does not come back.

Latest posts