Fant to WKU

The guy said it was from a source. Fant has already told Rivals.com his decision. It's done. Time for us to move on.

He has a source. We all have sources. In the end, does it really matter if you know at 1:00 Central or 11:00 central?

The guy said it was from a source. Fant has already told Rivals.com his decision. It's done. Time for us to move on.

This tells all I need to know about this "source"...

Alex Kline is a 16-year old recruiting analyst who writes for Rivals, Zagsblog, The Recruit Scoop and KSR.

So Tyler Harris is the only one left?? He would be a good get but reading his tweets lately, it is a long shot Fran lands him. He has been hanging around St. Johns (Lavin's new gig) a lot lately. They offered him a while back.

Fran may end up having to go down the JuCo route to fill the last two scholarships. I'm happy with White and Oglesby but not sure either of them will be able to make much of an impact right away. They may be good role players but we need to get some playmakers badly. Harris and Fant are playmakers.

Think it is going to be near impossible to land one because this program is in complete shambles and recruits know it but if Fran can pull a miracle and land one, then he has the pieces to build around him. But until that happens, I see this team struggling to win enough games to matter.

Dunno whether Fant would have been a game-changer but I think we're seeing just how long and hard of a slog it is going to be to re-build and re-brand Iowa basketball. Maybe Alford's right-- Iowa really is a football school.

Has anyone every received "good" news via twitter? Anytime something is first heard of on twitter is is bad.

Well WKU just received positive news via Twitter. It all depends on the team you like to follow.

Fant would have been a good haul, hopefully Harris can make this a non issue.

...hopefully Harris can make this a non issue.

Don't think that is going to happen. Do you follow him on Twitter? The way he's been talking, St. Johns is going to get him. Do you get the feeling?

I think McCaffery is going to have to go JUCO route now

Dunno whether Fant would have been a game-changer but I think we're seeing just how long and hard of a slog it is going to be to re-build and re-brand Iowa basketball. Maybe Alford's right-- Iowa really is a football school.

I should have phrased that differently.......has any hawk fan ever received good news via twitter. haha.

Dunno whether Fant would have been a game-changer but I think we're seeing just how long and hard of a slog it is going to be to re-build and re-brand Iowa basketball.

I think this is why I have become so impatient with some of the posters on this site. People don't seem to realize the monumental task that FM has before him. For some reason, people thought Fran would get in here and the recruits would just start rolling in immediately. That's just not the case. Like it or not, Iowa is on a level that is, at best, equal to an average mid-major school. It won't be like that forever, but it's going to take some time to right the ship. We are working for 2012 and that recruiting haul will come down to how well Fran's system works this year...as well with how much support we give the Iowa basketball team.

I understand everyone's frustration. I have more than felt it the last few years as I've attended Carver with empty seats all around me. But there has to come a point where you either invest yourself in the program and support it unconditionally, or you sever ties and find something else to do.

And no...Iowa is not a "football school".

Fran strikes out again, this time to mid-major....nicely done coach :(

A mid-major that has been recruiting him for almost a half decade.
A mid-major that he chose over interest/offers from Iowa, Penn State, Georgia, among many others.
Iowa just recently got in w/ him.

It's not that big of a deal. Chill.

Everyone needs to calm down and take a deep breath. THis is going to be a rebuilding process. IT is going to take 2-3 years to get back to respectability. Fran is going to do it the right way...he is NOT Calipari or some other goon who is going to cross the line and then some.

Hawkeye basketball will be relevant again, but it will not be in 2010-2011. Be patient and give this excellent staff time. Things will start looking up in 2011-2012.

Cudos Burky - I'm a long time reader and first time poster. I am also a first time season ticket holder for Iowa B-Ball! I'm looking forward to a different brand of basketball - one that will be exciting to watch regardless if we win or lose. I also believe the brand of basketball played will entice higher profile recruits to visit and ultimately sign on with the Hawks!

I think this is why I have become so impatient with some of the posters on this site. People don't seem to realize the monumental task that FM has before him. For some reason, people thought Fran would get in here and the recruits would just start rolling in immediately. That's just not the case. Like it or not, Iowa is on a level that is, at best, equal to an average mid-major school. It won't be like that forever, but it's going to take some time to right the ship. We are working for 2012 and that recruiting haul will come down to how well Fran's system works this year...as well with how much support we give the Iowa basketball team.

I understand everyone's frustration. I have more than felt it the last few years as I've attended Carver with empty seats all around me. But there has to come a point where you either invest yourself in the program and support it unconditionally, or you sever ties and find something else to do.

And no...Iowa is not a "football school".

Burky hit the nail on the head. It's not so much about this 2011 class, but more about the 2012 class. This year will be about building for 2012 and those recruits. What Fran needs to really have a shot with them is for his system to work and be appealing, hopefully winning 15 games or so.

Latest posts