Fant radio interview

He definitely liked his visit, we will apparently know on Monday as to whether the visit was enough to make him want to be a Hawkeye...Western Kentucky has been in the picture for quite sometime and will be hard to beat out, but I sure would be excited if he did choose to become a Hawk!

Dear God, are we really competing agaisnt Western Kentucky for recruits?

Why the arrogance? Western Kentucky has multiple NCAA tourney appearances and has won an NCAA tourney game in the last few years. I wonder if they are saying "Dear God, are we really competing against Iowa for recruits?" If they arent, maybe they should be. None of us like where the basketball program is right now. Players like Fant can only make us better and help us get back to where we all want to be.

Western Kentucky currently has verbals from a couple 3 star recruits, both rated higher than our current commitments. I realize they are in a small conference and not considered a power program but they must be doing something right on the recruiting end. Add to that they've been after Fant since he was a freshman in high school, plus campus is only a few minutes away from his home, we are up against it a bit on this one.

Dear God, are we really competing agaisnt Western Kentucky for recruits?

Kinda sad, but that's where we've fallen. Again think of where our football program is at and we beat out the likes of Texas (North) and Arkansas (State). 10 years ago we were losing recruiting 'battles' to the like of Toledo and South Carolina State. I trust basketball will get back to respectability and way past that in the not so distant future.

They(WKU fans) have a similar view of the Iowa Hawkeyes. The argument is: of Fant's finalists, which program gives him the best chance at playing in and winning an NCAA tournament game? It is obviously WKU. Take a look at who WKU has commits from and the players that are leaning their way. Very impressive compared to Iowa or Penn State.

So... being that I am surely not a high school Senior who is good at basketball... what kind of facilities, dorms, practice facility, arena, dining, campus, education, television, conference, etc does W.Kentucky have compared to the Univeristy of Iowa? I agree with the the majority of other posters... WE HAVE A PROBLEM if we are having trouble beating out WESTERN CAN-TUCK-E. Quite ridiculous.

So... being that I am surely not a high school Senior who is good at basketball... what kind of facilities, dorms, practice facility, arena, dining, campus, education, television, conference, etc does W.Kentucky have compared to the Univeristy of Iowa? I agree with the the majority of other posters... WE HAVE A PROBLEM if we are having trouble beating out WESTERN CAN-TUCK-E. Quite ridiculous.

WKU has one of the best on campus facilities in the country in Diddle Arena. They have a brand new practice facility. They have a very rich tradition. They also have their own satellite network HSSN that televises all their games. Some of you need to check your arrogance and ignorance at the door. It's going to be a long hard climb back to respectability. We still have a shot at Fant until he announces on Monday.

That is my point... WE HAVE A PROBLEM if Western Kentucky is beating us in all these categories. We have to address this if we ever expect to win at basketball again.

That is my point... WE HAVE A PROBLEM if Western Kentucky is beating us in all these categories. We have to address this if we ever expect to win at basketball again.

Understood and I agree with you. Another factor with some of these players is that academically, Iowa is a lot tougher than schools like WKU.

WKU has always been a real good basketball school,need to respect that. Didnt they beat illinois in the tourny,last year or year before?

It has to be a good sign that after his visit to IC that he cancelled his scheduled visit to Georgia and his ready to make an announcement. Hard to guess these things but I think we have a great shot. He would be a nice get, but I think the success or failure of this recruiting class lies more on the decision of Tyler Harris. If he commits to Iowa I would have to think that adds instant credibility for Fran and the staff.

This would be a great day.... After beating Ohio State in football, Iowa basketball announces they have signed Paige, Ellis, Hollowell, Gesell, & Woodbury for the class of 2012!

Latest posts