Fant radio interview

1. WKU has been recruiting Fant since he was a freshman
2. WKU is in his backyard
3. WKU has good facilities
4. Iowa's record has not been equal or above WKU's for a few years
5. We have fans like some of you that are so arrogant and still can not figure out why Fant would give WKU a long hard look
6. This being said, I still think that we have a really decent shot at landing him, but I am also not going to be terribly upset if he decides to go somewhere else and I am definitely not going to blame the coaches like some seen set on doing.

Fran and Iowa bb fanbase could really use a break here....c'mon Big George, come join the Iowa Hawkeye bb family!!

First off...It's not like Iowa's dorms are modern selling points...most are far outdated without updates...like that really factors into a decision anyways? (If it does we are probably screwed regardless) Second...WKU is a better program than us right now...not better history...but better program...and let's be realistic it's his hometown school.

Why the arrogance? Western Kentucky has multiple NCAA tourney appearances and has won an NCAA tourney game in the last few years. I wonder if they are saying "Dear God, are we really competing against Iowa for recruits?" If they arent, maybe they should be. None of us like where the basketball program is right now. Players like Fant can only make us better and help us get back to where we all want to be.
Good points.

5. We have fans like some of you that are so arrogant and still can not figure out why Fant would give WKU a long hard look
6. This being said, I still think that we have a really decent shot at landing him, but I am also not going to be terribly upset if he decides to go somewhere else and I am definitely not going to blame the coaches like some seen set on doing.
Also good points.

First off...It's not like Iowa's dorms are modern selling points...most are far outdated without updates...like that really factors into a decision anyways? (If it does we are probably screwed regardless) Second...WKU is a better program than us right now...not better history...but better program...and let's be realistic it's his hometown school.
They have a better history too. 14th all-time in NCAA college basketball wins. Just sayin...

They have a better history too. 14th all-time in NCAA college basketball wins. Just sayin...

They obviously have a good basketball program, but you are comparing a Sun Belt program to a Big Ten program, so they play against a little easier competetion than we do.

Post-Season:
WKU has 21 tournament appearances with an 18-22 record and 1 Final Four.
Iowa has 22 tournament apperaances with a 27-24 record and 3 Final Fours.

I would say our history stacks up well against theirs.

7. WKU is not in the Big Ten

7. WKU is not in the Big Ten

Due to the NCAA Basketball Tournament, this point carries less weight each year. Also, with kids today, so many of the times they will choose the easier route to seeing the floor and being a star. Is Fant that kind of kid? Does Fant just want to stay close to home? Does Fant want to join a program and help the turnaround? All questions, no answers until we see where he goes.

Honestly, I would rather lose this kid to WKU, a program that I respect, rather than a program like Penn State. It would say more to me if he chose Penn State with the state of that program and its history.

Latest posts