Fans React Differently

Yes. Agree. Two year's ago I posted about winning 8 games, and how the current state was unacceptable. I got ripped. I mentioned we didn't have any inherent disadvantages that weren't similar to several other schools, and it was pointed out to me I was an idiot. Two year's ago seems like a long time ago.

I guess it is what it is, and in 2014, we all need to take another look. I didn't expect much this year. I'm on record that coaching changes take at least three years, but yesterday, given the makeup of Indiana's team, was revealing.

Wait just a gosh dern minute here Golfer! Your join date says Nov 2011. That is one year ago. So....if you said you were here two years ago and getting ripped, who the hello we're you then?

You could also break it down by fans who live in other parts of the country. Those of us who don't live around Iowa and see the freakish high school talent in the south realize just how woeful the talent on this team is. Players on like Bigach, Alvis, and Miller wouldn't make walk-ons on some BCS schools............yet here they are starting for Iowa.

Living out here in So.California I get to also see some of the better high school players. Now Iowa could possibly pick up a 1,2 or more if they tried. Yeah, I know with the Pac-12 schools out here Iowa is battling uphill to get any of these players to come. But if they can get 1 or 2 contacts out here they might be able to grab a few of these guys. They need to expand their recruiting base a little, to go into areas they haven't tried before.

Wait just a gosh dern minute here Golfer! Your join date says Nov 2011. That is one year ago. So....if you said you were here two years ago and getting ripped, who the hello we're you then?

Well, it got pretty insulting to me, so I started over as Golfer. I also posted things like this in Nov 2011.

IF this year ends up sub-.500 AND next year ends up sub-.500, Freerentz will be gone.

Yeah, tell that to 2000 and 2007. Then read the sig.

The breaking point will be 2014. If he doesn't win 8 or more games that year, he will have broken his pattern toward the negative. That would likely mean the end. Until then he can merely point to the pattern and say its all in the plan and the future is bright.

I love the fact that Caar believes KF's plan is to have 3 bad years to develop a good team.

Anyways, Golfer I understand your point about waiting until 2014 to see if the coaching changes make a difference and have a positive effect on the program. However, giving someone that amount of time to "collect data" would only make sense if they weren't consistently making the same game-day mistakes for the past 13+ seasons.

Situational play-calling has been and continues to be, terrible.

There have been various polls over the years on this site exploring the generational thing... and the results have always showed no correlation at all between age and opinion about the program. It's always been more of a generally personality thing.

Pizzed off people come in all ages as do koolaid drinkers.

Also, I don't recall ever seeing a poll attempting to correlate financial investment in football fandom and opinion on the program. That might be interesting.

I love the fact that Caar believes KF's plan is to have 3 bad years to develop a good team.

Anyways, Golfer I understand your point about waiting until 2014 to see if the coaching changes make a difference and have a positive effect on the program. However, giving someone that amount of time to "collect data" would only make sense if they weren't consistently making the same game-day mistakes for the past 13+ seasons.

Situational play-calling has been and continues to be, terrible.

To be fair to CAAR, that's not what he thinks is Kirk's actual plan. It's just how things always seem to play out.

Damn good thread.

I have been a supporter of KF while understanding the frustration of many (the in game gaffes, clock management, and some of the overconservative calls many times cant be defended). Even i am losinh confidence but am giving another year or so with the new blood staff to show improvement...if i dont see improvement to 7 or more wins next year with hope for future 8+ wins...along with no loses when favored by double digits...then i will be on the page to move on...

My ongoing expectations remain the same ( see signature)

Also, I don't recall ever seeing a poll attempting to correlate financial investment in football fandom and opinion on the program. That might be interesting.

This is interesting. If someone knew how to post this as a poll questions, or survey, I'd be interested to learn the results.

What do we have next year 7 games at Kinnick? Then I expect at least 7 wins next year (with 9 being the goal). PROTECT KINNICK.
All streaks have to start somewhere, so lets start one this week.
BTW I have been a fan for 35 years, and while we have had some sucess, the next level is something you always have to push for. So sorry if I am not happy with a few 10 win seasons and smelling Mich and OSU's arses.

During mah time at Iowa, I saw teh Hox win one game a season, and 11 games in a season. My butt is perma un-hurt ro hok losses.