Fans can send a message on Saturday

Unhappy with the Hawkeye football program? Embarrassed that Iowa schedules the likes of Missouri State? Tired of some new faces but the same old coaching mistakes? Then send a little message this Saturday: STAY HOME.

That's right. You may already have your tickets. The athletic department may already have your money, but don't throw good money after bad. Just say no to bad coaching and embarrassing scheduling. Let tens of thousands of empty seats bear silent witness to your displeasure with the current status of Iowa football. I'll be staying home. You can too. You'll be glad you did.

Unhappy with the Hawkeye football program? Embarrassed that Iowa schedules the likes of Missouri State? Tired of some new faces but the same old coaching mistakes? Then send a little message this Saturday: STAY HOME.

That's right. You may already have your tickets. The athletic department may already have your money, but don't throw good money after bad. Just say no to bad coaching and embarrassing scheduling. Let tens of thousands of empty seats bear silent witness to your displeasure with the current status of Iowa football. I'll be staying home. You can too. You'll be glad you did.

i'm guessing your message to 'big oil' was to not fill up on tuesdays, too.....

brutal take.

I would like to buy your tickets.

Im sure a lot of people will listen to this. Great advice and an even better thread.

The only thing staying home will accomplish is to reduce the number of PAULA and public intox arrests. The athletic department already has the cash and even if there are 40,000 empty seats, they will announce attendance as 65,000 or something.

I'm guessing that the combination of the heat (low 90's) and opponent will lead to more no-shows than there were last weekend. Attendance was around 66k for NIU, it'll be far less than that for this game.

I'm guessing that the combination of the heat (low 90's) and opponent will lead to more no-shows than there were last weekend. Attendance was around 66k for NIU, it'll be far less than that for this game.
Dude, people were traveling for Labor Day last weekend. This program is a program on the rise and we will see a big, boisterous crowd for this game against Missouri State. Didn't this school change its name? Is this where Coach Alford came from? Maybe the AD could put out an Alford Bowl press release and generate even more buzz. Has Game Day picked a location yet?

I wouldn't tell anybody to stay home if they've already spent the money for the ticket.

To the OP, so you want to punish the kids who have worked hard to prepare for the season. Countless hours lifting, run, and preparing and you want to deprive them of what they do that for. To play the games in front of a full house in a classic football stadium. It's all about the kids.

And for you staying home...that's the best idea in the post. One less moron on the road is a good thing.

To the OP, so you want to punish the kids who have worked hard to prepare for the season. Countless hours lifting, run, and preparing and you want to deprive them of what they do that for. To play the games in front of a full house in a classic football stadium. It's all about the kids.

And for you staying home...that's the best idea in the post. One less moron on the road is a good thing.

I think he wants to punish the coaches and Gar Bear.

The kids are collateral damage. Of course they are collateral damage to KurtBall and Gar Bar contract "negotiation" as well, so they should be used to it by now.

Its the same when they boo the team, then insist they are only booing the coaches. Yeah, right.

Thanks for all the insightful, intelligent advice. As for me, I didn't buy season tickets because I didn't want to support the scheduling of Missouri State and Western Michigan, so the athletic department won't have my money. Nothing I can do about the "morons" who continue to embarrass themselves by apologizing for the worst coaching performance in college football over the last few years.

As for the players, it's the multi-million dollar man and his minions who are running them through year-long workouts and danger of serious injury for what? So you can be entertained for 3 hours on 12 Saturdays a year? Contact the coaching staff if you want to address lack of support for Iowa football players. The coaches are the culprits.

I'd have to question the motives of anyone who shows up in Kinnick this Saturday, even if they've already bought tickets. As I said originally, no sense in throwing good money after bad.

And finally, anyone claiming to be an Iowa football fan should be embarrassed to support the scheduling of Missouri State. Or maybe some of you enjoyed the good times in Rome when the lions and the Christians battled it out.

Love this. I'll be there, as well all of our group because we wouldn't waste one of the 7 most special days of the year.

Thanks for all the insightful, intelligent advice. As for me, I didn't buy season tickets because I didn't want to support the scheduling of Missouri State and Western Michigan, so the athletic department won't have my money. Nothing I can do about the "morons" who continue to embarrass themselves by apologizing for the worst coaching performance in college football over the last few years.

As for the players, it's the multi-million dollar man and his minions who are running them through year-long workouts and danger of serious injury for what? So you can be entertained for 3 hours on 12 Saturdays a year? Contact the coaching staff if you want to address lack of support for Iowa football players. The coaches are the culprits.

I'd have to question the motives of anyone who shows up in Kinnick this Saturday, even if they've already bought tickets. As I said originally, no sense in throwing good money after bad.

And finally, anyone claiming to be an Iowa football fan should be embarrassed to support the scheduling of Missouri State. Or maybe some of you enjoyed the good times in Rome when the lions and the Christians battled it out.

So basically you hate college football, and you believe each team in an FBS conference has fans that should be embarrassed? Look at the non conference schedule of all of the other power conference schools. They ALL have cupcakes on the schedule.

The only thing staying home will accomplish is to reduce the number of PAULA and public intox arrests. The athletic department already has the cash and even if there are 40,000 empty seats, they will announce attendance as 65,000 or something.

I doubt that as people will still show up for the party and, besides, these are not the type of fans that would stay away from the games anyway. There is a lot more revenue besides gate receipts that can be lost by not showing up at the games. Empty stadiums are not buying concessions, parking, and licensed Hawkeye gear, and that is just the short term effect. Long term empty stadiums do not sell ads at a premium price and eventually the donations and ticket revenue will dry up.

Latest posts