Fans can send a message on Saturday

taking the kids ... sitting in the NEZ ... gotta get them trained early ... and were playing the Bears ... as far as my kids are concerned, might as well be the Chicago Bears

Thanks for all the insightful, intelligent advice. As for me, I didn't buy season tickets because I didn't want to support the scheduling of Missouri State and Western Michigan, so the athletic department won't have my money. Nothing I can do about the "morons" who continue to embarrass themselves by apologizing for the worst coaching performance in college football over the last few years.

As for the players, it's the multi-million dollar man and his minions who are running them through year-long workouts and danger of serious injury for what? So you can be entertained for 3 hours on 12 Saturdays a year? Contact the coaching staff if you want to address lack of support for Iowa football players. The coaches are the culprits.

I'd have to question the motives of anyone who shows up in Kinnick this Saturday, even if they've already bought tickets. As I said originally, no sense in throwing good money after bad.

And finally, anyone claiming to be an Iowa football fan should be embarrassed to support the scheduling of Missouri State. Or maybe some of you enjoyed the good times in Rome when the lions and the Christians battled it out.
Better not attend any other U of I athletic events since the football program supports those as well.

I doubt that as people will still show up for the party and, besides, these are not the type of fans that would stay away from the games anyway. There is a lot more revenue besides gate receipts that can be lost by not showing up at the games. Empty stadiums are not buying concessions, parking, and licensed Hawkeye gear, and that is just the short term effect. Long term empty stadiums do not sell ads at a premium price and eventually the donations and ticket revenue will dry up.

Don't bad mouth Game Day Ron, dude.

Unhappy with the Hawkeye football program? Embarrassed that Iowa schedules the likes of Missouri State? Tired of some new faces but the same old coaching mistakes? Then send a little message this Saturday: STAY HOME.

That's right. You may already have your tickets. The athletic department may already have your money, but don't throw good money after bad. Just say no to bad coaching and embarrassing scheduling. Let tens of thousands of empty seats bear silent witness to your displeasure with the current status of Iowa football. I'll be staying home. You can too. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the great recruiting tool Einstein!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

Dude, even with a half empty stadium, Iowa will be a more appealing destination than the schools most of our targets have offers at, including Kansas, Montana, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Michigan and Ball State, so cut the negativity please.

Don't bad mouth Game Day Ron, dude.

Don't worry about GDR, even if he cannot peddle his quality Hawkeye merchandise he has that shaving stuff to fall back on.

Albert Einstein

I think the won/loss record will have a bigger impact on recruiting than the attendance.

Unhappy with the Hawkeye football program? Embarrassed that Iowa schedules the likes of Missouri State? Tired of some new faces but the same old coaching mistakes? Then send a little message this Saturday: STAY HOME.

That's right. You may already have your tickets. The athletic department may already have your money, but don't throw good money after bad. Just say no to bad coaching and embarrassing scheduling. Let tens of thousands of empty seats bear silent witness to your displeasure with the current status of Iowa football. I'll be staying home. You can too. You'll be glad you did.

I re-read this and imagined a condemmed man in the old west, standing high upon the hanging platform reading his last final rant.

And at the end you hear from off camera

Ok Mack, pull the lever!

Rainey+Bethea+execution.jpg

Interesting that the most grandiose, pig-headed posts seem to always be by something with 7 posts here.

Thanks for all the insightful, intelligent advice. As for me, I didn't buy season tickets because I didn't want to support the scheduling of Missouri State and Western Michigan, so the athletic department won't have my money. Nothing I can do about the "morons" who continue to embarrass themselves by apologizing for the worst coaching performance in college football over the last few years.

As for the players, it's the multi-million dollar man and his minions who are running them through year-long workouts and danger of serious injury for what? So you can be entertained for 3 hours on 12 Saturdays a year? Contact the coaching staff if you want to address lack of support for Iowa football players. The coaches are the culprits.

I'd have to question the motives of anyone who shows up in Kinnick this Saturday, even if they've already bought tickets. As I said originally, no sense in throwing good money after bad.

And finally, anyone claiming to be an Iowa football fan should be embarrassed to support the scheduling of Missouri State. Or maybe some of you enjoyed the good times in Rome when the lions and the Christians battled it out.

Dude, even Alabama has Georgia State and Chatanooga on their schedule. If we had 3 teams to the caliber of Missouri State I could see a point, but we don't. Give it a rest.

There are about 4-5 people on this site that actually apologize for KF and his coaching. Calling everyone else to not attend a game for entertainment because you don't like it when Iowa loses more than you think they should is beyond anything that resembles common sense. Obviously the only embarrassment on this whole site, is your posts.

Dude, even with a half empty stadium, Iowa will be a more appealing destination than the schools most of our targets have offers at, including Kansas, Montana, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Michigan and Ball State, so cut the negativity please.

I'm confused...maybe I should be more positive and stay home?

brings up a question. is there a "tickets for sale" forum on HN? I have some for Saturday I'd like to sell

Try Stubhub. The prices for the MSU game I'm coming in for are still really high on there. I haven't looked at other games. Craigslist Iowa City can be used if you are local.

Are you interested in selling your MSU tickets?

Try Stubhub. The prices for the MSU game I'm coming in for are still really high on there. I haven't looked at other games. Craigslist Iowa City can be used if you are local.

Are you interested in selling your MSU tickets?
i may have extras

Latest posts