Fan expectations being too high...

TheManTheMyth

What did you actually expect for this season?

Ive seen several posts of "hello NIT" and "bye bye NCAAs". Honestly if you predicted this team, which STARTS three Frosh and one Soph, would go to the NCAA tourney you are to blame for your unrealistic expectations being burst.

Our biggest problem right now is inconsistency. Whether it be over the course of the whole season or in a game. We have moments of toughness, intelligence, and excitement followed by moments of weakness, stupidity, and dullness. We play a decent game against Wisconsin and then play bad games like today. We are inconsistent because we START three Frosh and one Soph. We are young.

NIT this year. NCAAs next. And Im totally ok with this.

-Seacrest out!

What did you actually expect for this season?

Ive seen several posts of "hello NIT" and "bye bye NCAAs". Honestly if you predicted this team, which STARTS three Frosh and one Soph, would go to the NCAA tourney you are to blame for your unrealistic expectations being burst.

Our biggest problem right now is inconsistency. Whether it be over the course of the whole season or in a game. We have moments of toughness, intelligence, and excitement followed by moments of weakness, stupidity, and dullness. We play a decent game against Wisconsin and then play bad games like today. We are inconsistent because we START three Frosh and one Soph. We are young.

NIT this year. NCAAs next. And Im totally ok with this.

-Seacrest out!

Agreed. My thinking as well.

okay-okay-l.png

This team is plenty consistent. They consistently suck at hitting jump shots, and when they can't get transition buckets, they pretty much don't get anything.

I picked them to the NCAA tournament and now they have to have a lot of luck to get there and win a couple games that they aren't expected too.

I don't know how that is "too high" especially when Iowa doesn't win at Purdue, like, ever.

When it comes down to it, I don't understand stop running the offense that got the lead and let Marble take over when he is clearly incapable of doing so.

And Michigan has Trey Burke. I still think we get to 9-9 in the league.

Yep. Honestly, last year was kind of a tease because of the four top-25 wins. Those usually don't come that frequently. We'll have taken another step forward this year if we sweep NEB, PSU, and NW the rest of the way. That alone gets us to seven wins.

Yep. Honestly, last year was kind of a tease because of the four top-25 wins. Those usually don't come that frequently. We'll have taken another step forward this year if we sweep NEB, PSU, and NW the rest of the way. That alone gets us to seven wins.

Only thing...what makes you think they'll sweep those teams on the road. Home yes, but not sure sure on the road.

I was expecting more from white and marble, especially on the road. The freshman, basabe, may and McCabe are playing as expected. Oglesby has been much worse.

Only thing...what makes you think they'll sweep those teams on the road. Home yes, but not sure sure on the road.

I said if. Definitely not a given, especially with our poor shooting. I'm just saying doing so would be better than last year, where we lost @PSU, home vs NEB, and got swept by NW (albeit a better NW team). My point was that no losses thus far have indicated regression, and games showing progress lie ahead.

There is no guaranteed win against Nebraska......

Even at Carver. They were 5 points down at Michigan with about 5 minutes to go in the game, same as they did at MSU......

Fan expectations were and are not too high.

NCAA's are still within the Hawkeye's reach. You people still give up waaaaaaaaay too early.

The Hawks are the deepest team in the Big Ten and perfect for another run in the Big Ten Tournament.

We all know that you fair weather and know nothing fans will give up on the Hawks... the players and the coaches WILL NOT!.

Iowa will compete and fight to the very end (you pathetic posters will whine and complain, and troll and think you know something) and yet the players will end this season in a really great place and finish.

and very few of you will enjoy the ride... (ups and DOWNS inc the PU loss), the competition and the development of this team and program under Coach Fran.

Latest posts