Fan base happiness

NCHawker

It occured to me that there just are not that many happy fan bases. Michigan, Georigia, Ohio State, TCU, KSU, and I suppose Washington, PSU, Illlinois, Purdue and Clemson.

Seems everyone else if pistoff and disapointed. Pist at the committee, pist at the polls, pist at their coaching staff, you name it.

Makes me realize its just not all that important

It occured to me that there just are not that many happy fan bases. Michigan, Georigia, Ohio State, TCU, KSU, and I suppose Washington, PSU, Illlinois, Purdue and Clemson.

Seems everyone else if pistoff and disapointed. Pist at the committee, pist at the polls, pist at their coaching staff, you name it.

Makes me realize its just not all that important
There are different levels. Even within the Iowa base there are different levels. Illini fans just haven't jumped back in big time. Even the BB program doesn't have the old feel.

ya Illinois fans jusst aren't sure if its safe to come out and cheer.

A&M wow, they must have been beside themselves.

some fans had bad years and then an event at the end of the season that gave hope.

The Colorado fan base is jacked up for the first time in 2 decades
I was just on campus for a visit with my oldest. Gorgeous campus. The buzz on Sanders was unreal. Signs everywhere. Students and staff talking him up. Guy seems like a self-absorbed jerk, but he knows how to raise the energy level.

At first I thought it was an odd fit given no connections and going from the beach to the mountains. But, in thinking it through, if you are Deion you can go to the SEC or the Big10 and compete against the best of the best, or you can OWN what is left of the Pacwhatever. Not a bad strategy.

I also agree with the OP. Most fan bases are miserable. We should be happier than we are, but fans always want more.

In a world where people can find information on virtually anything with the stroke of a keypad, make purchases and bank transactions without leaving leaving their couch, and dial up a TV show or movie with a Roku firestick, they still have no control over the outcome of their favorite teams sporting events. Therein lies the conflict with the modern fan, who expects instantaneous results and satisfaction when they want or demand something.

Remember when you had to wait for SportsCenter for highlights, or the next morning's newspaper for the box score?

In a world where people can find information on virtually anything with the stroke of a keypad, make purchases and bank transactions without leaving leaving their couch, and dial up a TV show or movie with a Roku firestick, they still have no control over the outcome of their favorite teams sporting events. Therein lies the conflict with the modern fan, who expects instantaneous results and satisfaction when they want or demand something.

Remember when you had to wait for SportsCenter for highlights, or the next morning's newspaper for the box score?

I remember telling my kids they needed to learn delayed gratification when they would see something in a store, and pitch a fit when I wouldn't buy it for them. Then my wife and I would sit and bitch about how our kids had no sense of delayed gratification.

Meanwhile, we'd be ordering pizza for dinner because it sounded good. And I was off to the store to buy a new laptop. And my wife was buying new dresses on Amazon. So, to teach our children "the right way to be", they were stuck in their rooms until they picked up all the dirty laundry off the floor and took it to the washer. Dirty laundry, that didn't bother them in the slightest. But sure bothered us. And we wanted it taken care of "IMMEDIATELY".

The conclusion I reached, children have far more sense of delayed gratification than adults.