Fall Camp Video From The U

I have one question: who’s doing the grilling at the Ferentz House?
He probably wasn’t even there. I bet it was one intern to haul the garbage cans, one to buy a grill and some basketballs from Walmart, and one to film it with an iPhone. Make sure the door is locked when you leave.

Anyone else surprised they didn't edit out Jones calling out Newborg for holding on every drill? I don’t have a problem with it (should be motivation), and that stuff happens at every practice in just about every sport, but I thought the U would scratch something like that.

I have to admit I didn’t know much about Jones but I really like his attitude and demeanor, and the guy is built like a brick shithouse. The kid seems hungry to finally get a chance, and I bet most of the LBs are after having to watch 40/43/44 out there for so long. 3 big pairs of shoes to fill.

I wish they’d mic up players like this more often.

My aunt and uncle had one growing up. That's where I learned to swim. They had no kids.
I work with a guy who’s right around 50 and he and his wife are dinks. They met in their late 30s and neither had ever been married or had kids. He’s a sales rep who’s on the road probably 3-4 nights a week but always home Fri/Sat/Sun, and she has her CPA and is a controller for a small manufacturing company not far from here.

I love my son more than anything in the world and I’d never go back to being kid-less, but holy F do those two have a lot of money and freedom.

They take at least 3 vacations a year using his comp days, the house and vehicles are paid off, and they basically have zero worries or concerns financially. And all of that with what I’d consider upper average-paying jobs for this area. Because of my own job I know he makes right around $55K and she probably does $50-60K. Car breaks down? Fix it and trade it. House needs siding and windows? Call a contractor up and put it on the schedule.

I work with a guy who’s right around 50 and he and his wife are dinks. They met in their late 30s and neither had ever been married or had kids. He’s a sales rep who’s on the road probably 3-4 nights a week but always home Fri/Sat/Sun, and she has her CPA and is a controller for a small manufacturing company not far from here.

I love my son more than anything in the world and I’d never go back to being kid-less, but holy F do those two have a lot of money and freedom.

They take at least 3 vacations a year using his comp days, the house and vehicles are paid off, and they basically have zero worries or concerns financially. And all of that with what I’d consider upper average-paying jobs for this area. Because of my own job I know he makes right around $55K and she probably does $50-60K. Car breaks down? Fix it and trade it. House needs siding and windows? Call a contractor up and put it on the schedule.

Yep. We grew up in the 70's and 80's. They had modest jobs but always had the toys, Corvettes, always had people over to party, etc.. He was a butcher at HyVee and my aunt was a hairdresser. It was always fun going there. I would sneak down to the basement which of course had a bar and ping pong table, keg refridge. I'd sneak a little keg beer at age 11 and look at the Playboy magazines he had in the wicker basket in the corner. Of course, being a butcher, he always was grilling great steaks for family and company. It was like a bachelor pad. Always loved going there as a kid. Fun times!!

But yea, I wouldn't give up my boys for nothing.

While watching his players swim, grill out and have a little summer fun, I wonder if Kirk kept notes in his little note book?

1409098363000-Kirk-Ferentz-Notes.jpg

Latest posts