Fair weather fans

northendzone1

ok...everyone back on now

Would Mike Stoops have shut out the Wolverines?

This is why you don't post like ******* after one game, weird....Minnesota took MSU to the brink at East Lansing. It's college football and 18-22 yr old kids, stuff happens.

I guess KF can coach again right and Coker isn't too slow?

I hope you don't even enjoy Iowa games anymore because you're miserable people that give this fanbase a bad name.

there was still some pretty stupid item by the coaching staff. the squib kick for one....

Kudos to our D for the big stop. Shame on our O for not closing the deal out in the 4th. Get a 1st down when it counts most and milk the clock! Still some BAD BAD special teams play in kick off coverage and the squib kick.

But I was quick to criticize our D last week for a PATHETIC effort. I have to give them some props for coming through this week. They still can't get a 3rd down stop nearly enough, but they got it done when their backs were against the wall.

The negated pass interference call before half and a few other borderline calls went our way, as well they should at home, we got it done!

This is why you don't post like ******* after one game, weird....Minnesota took MSU to the brink at East Lansing. It's college football and 18-22 yr old kids, stuff happens.

I hope you don't even enjoy Iowa games anymore because you're miserable people that give this fanbase a bad name.

Why do you even bother posting about it? Kind of brings you to the same level of those you complain about....NO?

Why do you even bother posting about it? Kind of brings you to the same level of those you complain about....NO?

No, not really. I just think it's funny when one week it's the end of the world and the next week those same individuals feel like *****....

Just hope people appreciate what the Iowa staff has done and it's fun to call out those that like to play the fence, it's entertaining.

National media mock that phenomenon and it makes Iowa fans look ignorant and stupid. I don't care if it's immature on my part, don't think it's the same level, in fact not even comparable in my opinion. it's fun.

Some people go crazy, but I think it justifies some of the complaints. We don't prepare well for teams that we should beat. We tend to play to our opponent's level. I would like it if KF found a way to get our team to play to the best of its ability for every game no matter who the opponent is. I'm just glad we won and are capable of winning all of our games the rest of the season!

GO HAWKS!

+1. and i think mossbrucker missed the squib BAD, think they just wanted it on the ground to someone who couldnt run it back....but not only 15yd kick!

No, not really. I just think it's funny when one week it's the end of the world and the next week those same individuals feel like *****....

Just hope people appreciate what the Iowa staff has done and it's fun to call out those that like to play the fence, it's entertaining.

National media mock that phenomenon and it makes Iowa fans look ignorant and stupid. I don't care if it's immature on my part, don't think it's the same level, in fact not even comparable in my opinion. it's fun.

Everyone's frustrations last week were very much justified. To imply that Hawkeye fans are any more fickle than any other fan base is laughable (a fan base that actually still watches their team come November). National media mock the phenomenon?!? Kudos to our D for coming through for a big W. I for one was very critical of the D last week for PATHETIC performance in MN, I'll be quick to provide praise when deserved here...how we even found ourselves in a position to lose to Minny is PATHETIC.

I do kind of wonder what types of posts people expect/want to read after a loss to Minnesota?

I don't think national media concerns itself very much with Iowa message board posts, considering it barely concerns itself with our team period. Also, many complaints about our decisionmaking/playcalling are as valid during wins as in losses, i.e.:

How about a quick hitting short yardage run. Give it to Rogers.

Just one example of how we could diversify the offense without going to a crazy spread attack. Use the FB more than twice a year.

Very justified. And who whould have thought Minny would score 24 at MSU, against MSU's "good" defense.

Everyone's frustrations last week were very much justified. To imply that Hawkeye fans are any more fickle than any other fan base is laughable (a fan base that actually still watches their team come November). National media mock the phenomenon?!? Kudos to our D for coming through for a big W. I for one was very critical of the D last week for PATHETIC performance in MN, I'll be quick to provide praise when deserved here...how we even found ourselves in a position to lose to Minny is PATHETIC.

I think it is in very bad taste to call out fans after a win.

However, it does seem odd that there is so little activity on this board following a win against a top 15 ranked Michigan team. We freaking beat Michigan, and this board has 1/6th of the posts as it did last week.

Is it the neigh-sayers are afraid to come out after this week, or is it that Iowa fans are fatalistic, and care more about losing than winning?

Really??? Are you kidding me? I don't care what Minnesota did this week at Michigan St. They are terrible and there is no justification for us losing to them. Do you think one game in which our coaching staff did their best to **** this game away makes everything okay? Iowa dodged another one today where they could've blown a fourth quarter lead. I'm so tired of building a lead and then letting other teams back into the game. When does KF and his staff put on their big boy depends and start closing teams out? This win does nothing...absolutely nothing to redeem last week's loss.

Latest posts